Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't born in the UK but came here very young, age 3 or so.. When looking for quotes, can I tick that I was born here? I learned to drive here and have been here almost all my life..seems to have a large impact on the price...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If thats what it says, then technically you cant, because you werent. is that the only option? it doesnt ask about being a UK citizen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If thats what it says, then technically you cant, because you werent. is that the only option? it doesnt ask about being a UK citizen?
    Apparently it gives insurers info about the experience one has on UK roads which is bs as I've obviously learned to drive here and all my driving experience is in the UK. :mad:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Apparently it gives insurers info about the experience one has on UK roads which is bs as I've obviously learned to drive here and all my driving experience is in the UK. :mad:
    You can always ring the insurer up and ask them if the underwriter will make take it into consideration or e-mail I suppose.

You know the answer as well as i do. You cnat say something which isnt true. You would have to assess your chances of getting court except wouldnt they check your drivers licence or get your details from DVLA?

You are under a duty to tell them any relevant information in good faith. the resul is they just wouldnt pay you, so the insurance would be pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You can always ring the insurer up and ask them if the underwriter will make take it into consideration or e-mail I suppose.

You know the answer as well as i do. You cnat say something which isnt true. You would have to assess your chances of getting court except wouldnt they check your drivers licence or get your details from DVLA?

You are under a duty to tell them any relevant information in good faith. the resul is they just wouldnt pay you, so the insurance would be pointless.
    True, guess I'll call them up and see what they say!

Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    hey cna make an allowance if they wish, all you are getting is the online standard that cnat possibly take into account your circs. If you wnat to persevere, once you get one to give you a different quite ring the other with the improved quote.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.