Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

In regards to Islam, it seems I have to clarify what Sharia Law is.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sharia Law is Islamic law. It is derived from sources such as the Quran primarily, as well as Sunnah and years of debate. What Muslims nowadays seem to think is that I disagree with Sharia Law but I agree with the Quran and Hadith.Name:  nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png
Views: 75
Size:  73.9 KB

That doesn't make sense at all. Everything that Sharia Law is based on is from sources such as the Quran and Hadith. It encompasses all aspects of life including prayer, fasting, Ramadan etc. Muslims nowadays ignorantly say 'I don't agree with Sharia Law' while not understanding the true weight those words carry.

Do a little more research before saying that, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but then you need to enlighten people as well about the true aspects of Sharia. Stoning, Killing Gays and Killing Ex Muslims is not part of the Sharia mentioned in the Quran, but a lot of Muslims however take Hadiths and ignore the Quran.

I mean come on. You are the first Muslim on TSR to reject these harsh punishments.
    The Quran says no compulsion in religion so the Sharia should not be imposed on anyone. Can you clarify because I did not fully get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    Yes but then you need to enlighten people as well about the true aspects of Sharia. Stoning, Killing Gays and Killing Ex Muslims is not part of the Sharia mentioned in the Quran, but a lot of Muslims however take Hadiths and ignore the Quran.

I mean come on. You are the first Muslim on TSR to reject these harsh punishments.
    The Quran says no compulsion in religion so the Sharia should not be imposed on anyone. Can you clarify because I did not fully get it
    I'm not a scholar, so I don't know everything. However, when it comes to those controversial topics there's so many differences in opinion. Islam isn't linear - theres so many people who disagree and agree on topics.

And I believe that Sharia Law should be imposed on Muslims who agree with the contents of the Quran and Hadith, as they are in tandem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I'm not a scholar, so I don't know everything. However, when it comes to those controversial topics there's so many differences in opinion. Islam isn't linear - theres so many people who disagree and agree on topics.

And I believe that Sharia Law should be imposed on Muslims who agree with the contents of the Quran and Hadith, as they are in tandem.
    OK, but I have also heard that any Hadith which goes against Quranic teachings is a fake Hadith, Is that true?

Sorry for asking so many question, but you are the first Muslim on TSR who is making sense to me

ReputationRep:
    OK, but I have also heard that any Hadith which goes against Quranic teachings is a fake Hadith, Is that true?

Sorry for asking so many question, but you are the first Muslim on TSR who is making sense to me
    Hadiths are judged(by scholars) and graded according to their authenticity and no authentic hadith would go against a clear verse of the quran.

ReputationRep:

Not 'fake', just weak as it could've been lost in translation while the Quran has stayed the same for hundreds of years. However as a general rule, Quran > Hadith yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Hadiths are judged(by scholars) and graded according to their authenticity and no authentic hadith would go against a clear verse of the quran.
    Yes they are quite few Hadiths which go against Quranic teachings.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are quite few Hadiths which go against Quranic teachings.
    Which ones if you don't mind me asking

(Original post by Kyou)
    Sharia Law is Islamic law.
    Stunning insight.

Not that I don't agree with what you've said.

ReputationRep:
    Which ones if you don't mind me asking
    Stoning, Killing Ex Muslims, Killing People who do Sodomy,...Calling women stupid is another I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I Can sum up sharia law in a few words.

Crazy Oppressive and stupid

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure when people say they agree with Qur'an but not sharia law is when they refer to the Saudi Arabian Sharia Law.

ReputationRep:
    Stoning, Killing Ex Muslims, Killing People who do Sodomy,...Calling women stupid is another I guess.
    These hadiths do not go against the quran, and the understanding of the hadiths could create clashes.

ReputationRep:
    These hadiths do not go against the quran, and the understanding of the hadiths could create clashes.
    Well thats not what all Muslims believe my friend. I have read some stuff about other sects and they totally reject those Hadiths. I guess each to their own,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    I Can sum up sharia law in a few words.

Crazy Oppressive and stupid
    #ignorance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraixo)
    #ignorance
    I dont know if you are calling me ignorant or you are calling sharia law ignorant?

ReputationRep:
    Well thats not what all Muslims believe my friend. I have read some stuff about other sects and they totally reject those Hadiths. I guess each to their own,
    Thing is you cannot reject hadiths willy nilly.
    There is a process that has been perfected and set by hadith scholars to understand hadiths and their status. This is what the overwhelming majority of muslims past and present believe.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is you cannot reject hadiths willy nilly.
    There is a process that has been perfected and set by hadith scholars to understand hadiths and their status. This is what the overwhelming majority of muslims past and present believe.
    Right? And your point is?
    I have just said that some sects do not accept all Hadiths. Thats all I said mate.
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Right? And your point is?
    I have just said that some sects do not accept all Hadiths. Thats all I said mate.
    :erm:
    My point is that you can't reject hadiths willy nilly.

ReputationRep:
    My point is that you can't reject hadiths willy nilly.
    Thats your opinion. Some sects have. If you think you cant reject Hadiths then thats fine with me, bruv :borat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.