Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I will be starting at Leicester soon and just had a quick question about nightlife, where is best for sort of r&b/bhangra? Trying to find a good asian scene, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ria Patell)
    Hello, I will be starting at Leicester soon and just had a quick question about nightlife, where is best for sort of r&b/bhangra? Trying to find a good asian scene, thanks!
    I'm probably not going to be much help but there's an R&B room in the O2 which is open on student nights and Republic also have an R&B room which is normally open, although sometimes they close it if it's not busy. I don't know of any bhangra student nights but I think the asian scene in Leicester tends to involve bars like Fat Cat, and Chilli Whites when it was open. Your best bet is probably to join societies which cater more to asians and after a couple of weeks you'll find the best places to go

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Vardy's having a party pretty much every weekend there so you're sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ria Patell)
    - Republic on Mondays has a dedicated R&B room
    - XY on Thursdays has an R&B room
    - Union nights at the O2 on Wednesdays and Fridays have an R&B room (The Scholar)
    - Bars/clubs in town play bhangra and R&B - there's Marz Bar and Fat Cats which are the 2 main ones - they get really busy and they're opposite each other. Fat Cats' main nights are Thursday (I think) and Saturday. Not sure about Marz. There's another bar called Hush that plays bhangra as well I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.