Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a 22 year old in a dead end full time job , and I really really want to get my highers and meet my potential in life. I was never able to study for highers in high School due to my dyslexia, which made things very difficult and I really want to find the right method for me to get what I need to go to uni and study. Where do I start ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Brian139393)
    Hi, I'm a 22 year old in a dead end full time job , and I really really want to get my highers and meet my potential in life. I was never able to study for highers in high School due to my dyslexia, which made things very difficult and I really want to find the right method for me to get what I need to go to uni and study. Where do I start ?
    Speak to your local colleges about access courses, do you have any gcse's or equivalent qualifications? Or you could go down the open university route
    What is it you fancy studying at university?

ReputationRep:
    My qualifications are not that good , as far as I can see on my S.Q.A grade's are just access Levels so I'm going to need to start from the bottom. And I'm aware that I may need to give up my job to go and do that, This is not new to me anyway I've been trying to get my self a better education since 2012, but would always get knocked back for some reason and it really destroyed me. And I am some what interested in
    Medicine, sounds nuts right ? I would have to work my ass off to even get a sniff at it, and I would be in my late 20s at least if I was successful in my grades. Last person I talked to about that said I had a 0% chance of getting in to med school, but from some stories I've heard age doesn't always come in to it. And at the end of it ,if I ever was able to do what I'm talking about then yes I would be early to late 30's , but hey ho.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.