Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I'm meeting her tomorrow for the first time and will be going out with her. Do you guys have any tips or advice on what to do and not to do or say?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm meeting her tomorrow for the first time and will be going out with her. Do you guys have any tips or advice on what to do and not to do or say?
    Just be yourself and ask about her interests and things like that.

Be cool, calm and collective...Assuming you've been talking before you're meeting and therefore. Remember key things that you've discussed, it can impress a girl and make sure you're early/on time. Dress casual, and be fresh. Nothing more off putting is a guy not being sharp and presentable and not looking like you've not made an effort. What sort of date are you going on?

ReputationRep:
    A bit more context needed really.
    Is this someone you met online? What do you have planned for the date?

(Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Be cool, calm and collective...Assuming you've been talking before you're meeting and therefore. Remember key things that you've discussed, it can impress a girl and make sure you're early/on time. Dress casual, and be fresh. Nothing more off putting is a guy not being sharp and presentable and not looking like you've not made an effort. What sort of date are you going on?
    Going bowling and then for something to eat, thought it would give us chance to get to know each other more and have fun without the pressures of a candlelit dinner

Going bowling and then for something to eat, thought it would give us chance to get to know each other more and have fun without the pressures of a candlelit dinner
    Sounds good. Play it cool. Not too competitive and be sure to keep it casual. How did you originally get acquainted? Online or through mutual friends? Use some of the profile content if it's the former and that way you have topics to discuss and compare to. Good luck and have fun. Can I ask why you're being Anonymous on here?

In all honesty i just can't register an account on this phone, she text this morning to ask if we can arrange it for another date anyway, what do you guys think? We were meant to do it Thursday but I couldn't make it so We said Saturday and now she can't do it

Sounds like a game of cat and mouse. Don't be playing mind games of when..cancel, postpone, game on and off. Be careful here.. I would let her come back to you. Doing all the chasing can be where things can "fail"! Hopefully you'll meet when the time suits you both. How long have you talked? Any given good reason for postponing? Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Sounds like a game of cat and mouse. Don't be playing mind games of when..cancel, postpone, game on and off. Be careful here.. I would let her come back to you. Doing all the chasing can be where things can "fail"! Hopefully you'll meet when the time suits you both. How long have you talked? Any given good reason for postponing? Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For about 2-3 weeks. She said she was tired and ached, which to be fair she had a birthday at a trampoline activity place last night so it's understandable. It just seems weird how for someone that wouldn't stop going on and telling me what we were gonna do during the day would cancel

ReputationRep:
    Where did you meet her?

For about 2-3 weeks. She said she was tired and ached, which to be fair she had a birthday at a trampoline activity place last night so it's understandable. It just seems weird how for someone that wouldn't stop going on and telling me what we were gonna do during the day would cancel
    Just be cautious as I would be Bcos if someone knew they are going out on a first date before would prepare oneself not to fatigue beforehand and ensure they were on form for the date. As prev message try not to be messed about here on their expectation it's jot something you like to happen. Ground rules and personal boundaries & expectations, self preservation as it were. How old are you both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would also be a bit aggrieved if a girl bailed on me on a first date. I don't buy excuses like tiredness, particularly when a relationship opportunity comes around. Worth trying one more time as you say she seemed enthusiastic before but if it happens again then that's a sign she's unreliable and probably not worth pursuing any further.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha reminds me of my first date... just be cool about it and if you think she still wants to do it then rearrange it.. but if it happens again just get the message and move on... Dont chase no girl m8.. trust me.
    In terms of tips.. make eye contact.. lots of eye contact.... take it slow.. be funny. funny is good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.