earthwindfirexo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm planning to write out the whole of the core and additional CGP revision guide notes out on hundreds of flashcards to memorise for my GCSE exams in May/June...Good or bad idea? Of course I'm going to simultaneously complete past papers and exam style questions.Will the CGP notes on flashcards be an effective way of revision for the exams?I tried out the memorising flashcards method for my Geography mock and I got an A so I do suppose this method of revision works for me, but it's whether it's good enough for a demanding subject such as science...What do you think?
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I guess that will work. Flashcards are great I use them all the time and the repition and practice of using them makes the stuff stick in your head. The thing is we are running out of time and making flashcards and all that kind of stuff takes up time but its up to you.
earthwindfirexo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 0lut0)
Yeah I guess that will work. Flashcards are great I use them all the time and the repition and practice of using them makes the stuff stick in your head. The thing is we are running out of time and making flashcards and all that kind of stuff takes up time but its up to you.
I've pretty much copied out most my flashcards, I did the whole of B1 today, I've already done all of B2, half of C1, and most of C2. I just need to quickly copy out physics and I'm done. Also there's a half term separating core and additional so realistically I have enough time
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is pretty much what I'm doing for science, then watching videos / making posters for things I don't understand, works for me!
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by earthwindfirexo)
I'm planning to write out the whole of the core and additional CGP revision guide notes out on hundreds of flashcards to memorise for my GCSE exams in May/June...Good or bad idea? Of course I'm going to simultaneously complete past papers and exam style questions.Will the CGP notes on flashcards be an effective way of revision for the exams?I tried out the memorising flashcards method for my Geography mock and I got an A so I do suppose this method of revision works for me, but it's whether it's good enough for a demanding subject such as science...What do you think?
That's what I'm doing, I'm also making flashcards using the revision guide. It's a good idea but if you were writing it on paper, you wouldn't rmemeber much.....just saying. But flashcards are a good idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads