Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently not in school and won't be until September of this year. I am wanting to find a full time job (40+ hours a week) that will offer good hours (not early shifts or late shifts, preferably 8-4 or 9-5).

My last jobs was at M&S (doing work behind the scene) 6 months ago but left due to moving to Australia. I got paid £6.75 per hour and it was very hard work (I don't mind hard work but £6.75 wasn't enough for how hard the work was). I would preferably want a job that offers £7.20+ per hour.

I am looking for a job in Tunbridge Wells (10 mile radius maximum)

I have 6 GCSE's C level including Maths and English.

I am open to and suggestions and thanks for the help in advance.

- James

ReputationRep:
    Aldi https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Sex worker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    Sex worker
    there's always one.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. How much do they pay for a 17 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    Sex worker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    there's always one.
    Shut up, pr*ck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sermbezis)
    Hello,

I am currently not in school and won't be until September of this year. I am wanting to find a full time job (40+ hours a week) that will offer good hours (not early shifts or late shifts, preferably 8-4 or 9-5).

My last jobs was at M&S (doing work behind the scene) 6 months ago but left due to moving to Australia. I got paid £6.75 per hour and it was very hard work (I don't mind hard work but £6.75 wasn't enough for how hard the work was). I would preferably want a job that offers £7.20+ per hour.

- James
    If there is a Netto near you I hear that they pay £8 an hour however I think you have to be 18, but just for future reference it is a good place to keep in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatL8)
    If there is a Netto near you I hear that they pay £8 an hour however I think you have to be 18, but just for future reference it is a good place to keep in mind
    I don't think there is but thank you for the suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. How much do they pay for a 17 year old?
    Best supermarket pay - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Hourly-P...-Pay-E7337.htm
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hello,

- James
    Salesperson at a phone shop.

At Three (bear in mind I was part time - 16h/week but the same applies for a 37.5h gig): I earned £8/h base, then the potential of bonuses for customer service (paid quarterly) and target being hit (paid monthly).

For me, I always hit the customer service bonus which was about 25-50% of base pay for 3 months and occasionally hit target which is 25% of base pay per month. For 16 hours a week, I averaged out (which includes quarterly/monthly bonuses) ~£800 a month..

So an equivalent 37.5h worker would make around £2k a month (~£23k/year) averaged out.

Call centres are p. good too.

If you're a people person, look out for recruitment consultant jobs as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

- James
    You do realise minimum wage for someone over the age of 25 is £7.20, I highly doubt you will get more than this apart from places such as Aldi and Lidl. Think you need to reassess your situation, also you need to widen your working hours. You can't specify what times you are working, sadly you get what you are given.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Salesperson at a phone shop.

At Three (bear in mind I was part time - 16h/week but the same applies for a 37.5h gig): I earned £8/h base, then the potential of bonuses for customer service (paid quarterly) and target being hit (paid monthly).

For me, I always hit the customer service bonus which was about 25-50% of base pay for 3 months and occasionally hit target which is 25% of base pay per month. For 16 hours a week, I averaged out (which includes quarterly/monthly bonuses) ~£800 a month..

So an equivalent 37.5h worker would make around £2k a month (~£23k/year) averaged out.

Call centres are p. good too.

If you're a people person, look out for recruitment consultant jobs as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

Is there a certain age you have to be to work in a phone shop like EE, three, vodafone etc...

Thanks,
    James
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,

Is there a certain age you have to be to work in a phone shop like EE, three, vodafone etc...

Thanks,
    James
    Got a job at O2 when I was 16, then Three at 17. So no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.