The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loolipoop
Thx Prince!
Seriously thanks a lot for your help around the forum it is very appreciated.
I will try to see if I can help the chaps here a bit if you don't mind😀
Kinda feel relieved now phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs, keep up the good work!

Hopefully I'll be able to grab a drink in CW or the city with some of you guys in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
No probs, keep up the good work!

Hopefully I'll be able to grab a drink in CW or the city with some of you guys in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in London actually would always be happy to meet up 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2042
Congrats on the UBS offer. Must be a nice birthday present.

Only my BNP Pariba application has gone from "received" to under review since I applied 3 weeks ago. Guess I can't even pass the initial screening, haha.
Original post by Trader07
I got selected for an interactive workshop and trading game from a tier 1 bank (markets sales and trading division) at my university. I was surprised that I was accepted for this event and now I am a little bit nervous about which knowledge they will expect from me. Does anyone have experiences with workshops? Do you need any specific knowledge about it? I also can´t really imagine what a trading game can look like since the workshop is only for 3 hours. Every advise and opinion is very much appreciated. Thanks :smile:

I had a trading game workshop at my university too from a top tier bank, it was not too bad, they are not expecting any advanced knowledge of markets just a curiosity to learn, they mostly explained everything beforehand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What uni u from mate?
Original post by RWiz

Only my BNP Pariba application has gone from "received" to under review since I applied 3 weeks ago. Guess I can't even pass the initial screening, haha.

When did you apply?
Original post by RWiz

Well mine for BNP literally turned to under review instantly after I submitted it so I literally ignored it 😂but I thought yours may be changed instantly as well ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well mine for BNP literally turned to under review instantly after I submitted it so I literally ignored it 😂but I thought yours may be changed instantly as well ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you know the state of your bnp state? there isnt any candidate portal.. is there?
Original post by tazza ma razza
bdo should be easy to find, literally a google search
ow i have no clue - i'll ask my friend who got in to it last year

thanks
Reply 2049
Original post by Robadond
When did you apply?

3 weeks ago as stated in my post, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... Well...
Original post by martimc
how do you know the state of your bnp state? there isnt any candidate portal.. is there?

There is ofc~ portal is where u submit ur application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year BNP started giving video interviews in the first week of December, I think they will do the same this year.

Application closes in 30th of Nov not even sure if they are rolling?
(edited 7 years ago)
Since the GS application asks for cover letter information in 300 words (or less), did you guys still put in the whole "Dear.... my application to Spring Insight Programme... " and closing lines with "sincerely" ? Or just the information, ignoring any letter-style formatting?
On a kinda related note to the chap above is 800 words too much for a cover letter? I got a bit carried away and I'm not sure what to cut out
Original post by joey4live
On a kinda related note to the chap above is 800 words too much for a cover letter? I got a bit carried away and I'm not sure what to cut out

Why this bank? Why this department (if applicable) Why you?(What you can bring?/What differentiate u from others?)
That's pretty much it I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question for the Goldman cover letter...

Since its 300 words, and they've made pretty clear they want to know about your motivations for applying/qualities you would bring to Goldman Sachs etc.. should you waste time talking about why Goldman/why programme?

Ofc usual cover letters you'd probably spend a paragraph or two talking about the company and the programme, but would you scale down talking about what they already know about themselves and the programme and focus much more on yourself...?
Original post by BusMan21
Question for the Goldman cover letter...

Since its 300 words, and they've made pretty clear they want to know about your motivations for applying/qualities you would bring to Goldman Sachs etc.. should you waste time talking about why Goldman/why programme?

Ofc usual cover letters you'd probably spend a paragraph or two talking about the company and the programme, but would you scale down talking about what they already know about themselves and the programme and focus much more on yourself...?

Not too long on that, but ofc mention it

Posted from TSR Mobile
So for some reason Citi's application page is saying I've already applied for their spring week when I had only partially filled it in a few days ago, the ****?
Did anybody put a cover for Barclays?
Is there another stage after the UBS video interview?

Latest