The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just did my BlackRock virtual cover letters, felt awkward af
Original post by h3110
Just did my BlackRock virtual cover letters, felt awkward af

Is this when you read your cover letter into your webcam?
Do you include the 'dear sir/madam/to whom it may concern part' ?
Original post by Gladiatorsword

Not sure if sarcasm but it's basically an online int

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol why am I watching this thread
Original post by Gladiatorsword

Lol no they ask you questions where the answers will be similar to a cover letter. You don't literally just read out a cover letter
Original post by h3110
Lol no they ask you questions where the answers will be similar to a cover letter. You don't literally just read out a cover letter

I actually liked the virtual CL. If I were to employ someone I would much prefer them actually talking about their experiences rather than reading a generic letter, but maybe that's just me.
Original post by reallydoe
I actually liked the virtual CL. If I were to employ someone I would much prefer them actually talking about their experiences rather than reading a generic letter, but maybe that's just me.

Ye I felt pretty awkward at first but after a few practise questions it wasn't too bad. And I agree, it's probably a better way of assessing someone than a generic written cover letter
(edited 7 years ago)
If you applied to two divisions at Blackrock, do you have to do the Cover letter interview twice ?
JP Morgan application has changed to 'currently being reviewed'
Reply 3249
Original post by meeeeee7
JP Morgan application has changed to 'currently being reviewed'

When did you apply? mine is still received.
currently being reviewed too, applied 4 weeks ago
This loser has no idea what he's talking about smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soekblas
If you applied to two divisions at Blackrock, do you have to do the Cover letter interview twice ?

Yes, you get two invitations for virtual cover letter conducted by HireVue.
Original post by RWiz
When did you apply? mine is still received.
just under a month ago
Original post by Unclebig69
This loser has no idea what he's talking about smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao which loser?
Do you have to actively check progress of apps by signing in or can you just rely on just checking emails?
Do you receive a confirmation email from Blackrock after you've submitted the application?
My application to Citi says Assessment passed, does that mean that I passed the numerical? Beacuse I have no clue how haha...
Original post by Maestori
My application to Citi says Assessment passed, does that mean that I passed the numerical? Beacuse I have no clue how haha...

Same here and I'm pretty certain I got at least 9/12 points on the test, I have no idea what the minimum was though.
Btw, Blackrock's video, got invite on the 3rd, does that mean I have all day tomorrow to complete it or do I have to do it tonight?

Latest

Trending

Trending