The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helloitme
does anyone know, generally speaking, how many places are available for a position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you guys find the actual numerical tests to be compared to the practice ones provided by assessment day, jobstestprep etc.?
Original post by Farah233
Around the same time as you. So it is probably a bad news for me :frown:

Which division did you apply to?

Oh no! Maybe different divisions? I applied for ibd
Original post by helloitme
does anyone know, generally speaking, how many places are available for a position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gonna have to be a tad more specific

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BusMan21
Many people are yet to head back, myself included, after doing a video interview nearly a month ago.

Do you know what that means?
How is everyone getting on? Anyone received multiple offers? Anyone only rejections?
Original post by Merril Lynch
How is everyone getting on? Anyone received multiple offers? Anyone only rejections?

Most people will obviously only receive rejections!
Original post by Quinqqq

Not necessarily. The people that are on this forum talking about Spring insight weeks are likely to be more prepared than people who apply without talking to anyone about it and not getting any help. Plus there are a lot of Spring weeks so you might get something.
Could we start sharing SW dates? Please add if you know anything else :smile:

BAML: 3.4. - 7.4
UBS: 3.4. - 7.4
BNP: 18.-21.4
Original post by bm1986
Could we start sharing SW dates? Please add if you know anything else :smile:

Lazard - offer a choice of 2 weeks: week beginning 3rd April and Week beginning 10th
HSBC- 18-21st April
Goldman Sachs- 3rd- 13th April
Barclays 27-31st March/ 3rd-7th April
Citi 27-31st March
Original post by idk12345
Lazard - offer a choice of 2 weeks: week beginning 3rd April and Week beginning 10th
HSBC- 18-21st April
Citi 27-31st March

Nomura:
Explore Nomura: 3rd- 7th April
Women's immersion programme: 3rd - 13th April
To summarise, that's what we've got so far:
HSBC- 18-21st April
Citi 27-31st March
Nomura:
Explore Nomura: 3rd- 7th April
Women's immersion programme: 3rd - 13th April

BAML, UBS, Lazard and Nomura are the only firms that are giving out offers so far (? need to be confirmed). Citi, GS, HSBC and Barclays's dates are confirmed according to SEO. BNP's date is listed on its website
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Quinqqq

Completed interviews for Barclays and BlackRock and done all of the tests for MS, BAML, Citi etc. No rejections and one offer from Lazard.
Original post by Yua
would it be fair to say that 10% of students will get a spring week?

No, 10% is way too much.
Guys my friend just got a HSBC first round interview for summer, so they probably haven't even started SW apps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3655
Seems like Citi started giving out first round interviews!
How well did those of you who got an invite to the last stage at Lazard perform in the 1st video interview?

I completed mine yesterday and did 3 answers well and one decently, but flew with Pindar Airlines when trying to answer a competency question that I wasn't expecting...
Original post by tazza ma razza
i am the same

Please let me know if there is any progress, I'll do the same...
Original post by Trapz99
Not necessarily. The people that are on this forum talking about Spring insight weeks are likely to be more prepared than people who apply without talking to anyone about it and not getting any help. Plus there are a lot of Spring weeks so you might get something.

Sure, the big players in this thread will probably get spring weeks, but in the bigger picture it is a concept of biased data. There are a lot of people reading this thread, most of whom will never post anything. The people you see post here are those who are the most successful, the top 1% who will get an internship!
Original post by Yua
would it be fair to say that 10% of students will get a spring week?

Probably closer to 1%, than 10%, who get a spring week!