The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone with offers for DB corporate finance, they're taking forever
Original post by Harold98
This might be a stupid question but I can't find the answer to it: what's an eFX trader and how is their job different from a normal FX spot trader? Just in case something like this comes up in future interviews...

eFX is more of an algo trading developer role. You build algos that make markets for your clients.
im in yr 12 can I apply now or is this just uni people
Original post by knightchildish

http://click.gs.com/rwsm

Apply to this, if you are a girl, otherwise, bad luck. Sexist industry!!!
Original post by gsbs2

nah im not a girl, i've applied to other insight days though.

Yeah it's kinda unfair but I can understand why they do it, it's such a male dominated, testosterone fuelled industry and im not surprised they'd launch these programmes so more women enter lol
Original post by knightchildish

no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2

If you apply as a guy, is your app automatically filtered out? What if i decide that i identify as a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trader07
"As an integral part of UK labour law it is unlawful to discriminate against a person because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation"

This is kinda ironic. I am from outside the UK and everyone is telling me: don't put your birth date/a photo on your cv etc. because employer will withdraw your application since the discrimination laws are really strict in the UK and they are afraid of a lawsuit in case of a rejection lool

This does not make sense. They are afraid of a lawsuit in case of a rejection and therefore they reject your application. Lool
Original post by Trader07
"As an integral part of UK labour law it is unlawful to discriminate against a person because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation"

This is kinda ironic. I am from outside the UK and everyone is telling me: don't put your birth date/a photo on your cv etc. because employer will withdraw your application since the discrimination laws are really strict in the UK and they are afraid of a lawsuit in case of a rejection lool

So they reject applications because they are afraid of a lawsuit in case of a rejection. Do you even logic bro...
Does anyone know please whether the Bank of England first year internship is rolling? Thanks
General question, in case of national or global recession, which sector is hit most? Investments or automotive sector?
I guess sectors like pharma are not impacted?
Any opinions?
Reply 6251
Original post by economicss
Does anyone know please whether the Bank of England first year internship is rolling? Thanks

yeah bro, says that apps are screened on a rolling basis
Original post by verier
General question, in case of national or global recession, which sector is hit most? Investments or automotive sector?
I guess sectors like pharma are not impacted?
Any opinions?

Investments are hit more since money flows out of equities and into bonds and gold during periods of uncertainty or economic downturns. Equities-heavy asset managers and investment banks with a strong presence in equities will get hit. Automotives (particularly luxury brands) will get hit as well but the demand for cars tends to be inelastic.
Original post by Ladbants
eFX is more of an algo trading developer role. You build algos that make markets for your clients.

I see, thank you
Anybody mind shed some light on what's in citi first round interview? Can help in pretty much all the other banks interviews

PM of course thanks
Reply 6255
Original post by chemibiophy
Anybody mind shed some light on what's in citi first round interview? Can help in pretty much all the other banks interviews

PM of course thanks

May i ask how long after you passes the test did you get first round?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
May i ask how long after you passes the test did you get first round?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like one week, but I didn't apply to a competitive division so maybe that's why

You are welcome to PM me mate
How do you withdraw from DB In the apps portal?
Original post by M&A-God
How do you withdraw from DB In the apps portal?

Have you had an interview. Or still waiting after tests?
A general hypothetical question, if you were asked to choose between Citi IB and Barclays IB which would you choose?

Latest

Trending

Trending