Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'd like to live in a self-catered residence (University of Edinburgh) and I was wondering which one is the most social?

    Thanks xx

    Hey I can't speak from experience as I stayed in catered halls, and it was also quite a while ago, but I think the most social self-catered places (in terms of partying/going out) are the ones located on/near Cowgate (Kincaid's Court, College Wynd, etc), because that's where a lot of the clubs are so the people who want to go out and socialise more tend to choose to live there. But wherever you live, there will pretty much always be someone around who's keen to go out when you are, and it's quite easy to make friends with people who live in other halls too!

    If you're thinking less partying and more just living with people who don't hole themselves up in their room all day, I think they're all pretty much the same and it's just down to luck what kind of people you get as flatmates. It generally tends to work out fine though, all the people I can think of have had good experiences
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hey guys

    I wonder if you know of us? http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...tion/edinburgh we have a couple of excellent sites in Edinburgh - all self-catered, and with all-inclusive bills. They also have free on-site amenities such as private gym, on-site cinema and work rooms! With prices starting at £129 or £159 for a private studio, these are some really special accommodations!

    I'm Amelia and if you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know!

    Amelia xx

    If you're talking social as in going out at night then choose one closer to the middle of the city as ixicrom said above, but I was in Kitchener House - right next to Kings Buildings for if you're science-y, but only a 25 minute walk from George Square (or you can jump on the shuttle bus from Kings). It is a massive house of 60, and I was on a floor of 19 people, so you get to know everyone in the house very well. Plus there is a common room where you can socialise (and drink!). I personally loved it there
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.