Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right first of all this post is merely about myself, my feelings and my thoughts. I do not intend to offend anyone at all or start a debate I am really looking for help and advice about a personal issue.

I am a female aged 18+ from the West Mids by the way...

For a good few years during high school I always classed myself as 100% straight, I would only want to date boys, kiss boys, look at boys and would never find myself attracted to girls at all however when I was 12/13 I had a feeling that I could be bisexual or maybe even a lesbian now growing up in a Christian family when my dad found my diary he assumed the worst (in their opinion) and I quickly brushed it off as a phase. When I lost my virginity to a lad I definitlel felt straight but now after a good few years I am thinking again that maybe I am attracted to females as well. I walk down the street and find girls 'hot' or 'gorgeous' sometimes I would even think about kissing them. I have made out with girls both drunk and sober as well. I am aware that being bi you can be even 99% for the opposite gender and only 1% for the same but you are still BI. I don't want to label myself as that just yet or come out the closet without truly knowing myself because these days it is as if being bisexual is 'cool' or 'trendy' or a way to get more people to like you but i'm not that type of person and I hate using labels to define people as it. I believe you are born bi/gay/straight etc. but some of us are brainwashed into thinking it is a matter of choice. All I ask is advice on what to do next should I try dating a girl and see if I like it? Should I not bother at all? I think i'd like to take a girl on a date but I am scared at what my parents and friends with think especially my straight female ones incase they think I fancy them when I clearly don't. Any advice is useful. Thanks in advance! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was the same growing up 100% straight. Then I got curious and to cut a long story short I now know 100% I will spend my life with women. My advice to you would be to date a girl in secret for a little while have fun and do stuff then decide how you feel. You don't want to come out to your friends and family then decide that you don't like women. If you decide it's what you want then be prepared for rejection but being accepted too. Luckily for me people never had a problem with my sexuality but obviously this is not always the case. I'm sure your loved ones will accept you for whoever you are, sometimes they need a little bit of time. I hope I've helped at least a little. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you that's a good idea, maybe I will do that just need to start talking to someone now who would be interested aha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You would be surprised how many girls around actually like girls. It won't be too hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    female sexuality is a slippery thing, most of you have a bisexual in you. I would just take your sexual feelings as they come a define it, in your head, as they feel at the present time. At the moment you are bisexual; you might grow out of it. dw about it though. You might be attracted to both genders but only romantically attracted to one, for example. The first real poster on here's sexuality changed. If I were to place a bet, i would say she will change her mind about only seeing women at some point later in her life.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you are always bisexual/lesbian/gay but you just need to find that someone to make you understand that? I don't know aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're right but some people do have fazes of it but that's probably more to discover themselves. Either way it doesn't matter who or what you are. What matters is that you're happy eh x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is true :-) I guess because i'm not all hormonal with puberty now my head is defo a lot clearer I don't find as much enjoyment with guys like I used to even if it's a new person and the fact I felt it before makes me reckon that it's not a phase aha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.