Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

New Sherlock series watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you're a super fan you'll most likely already know, but they've started shooting the new Sherlock series rumoured to be aired at the beginning of next year. However, I can't help but be disappointed that the new series is only going to be three episodes long! I mean, that's hardly a series! I question whether the size of the series might suggest that it's going to be the end of Sherlock?

What do you think? Heard anything? What do you think the new series will involve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    All of the series are three episodes long. It's just what they do. It takes them long enough to do three! If we were to get a series of six, it'd be five years in the making!

ReputationRep:
    SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ALL OF SHERLOCK, AND DO NOT WANT SPOILERS, DO NOT READ THIS!

Moriarty IS dead. Mark Gatiss said that himself. There was a small teaser for season 4 on radio 2 a while back. Just voices, no visuals. Irene Adler is back (probable not possible) The "Other one" was teased in his last vow. Meaning a third Holmes brother (probably named Sherrinford, and possibly portrayed by Tom Hiddleston. Mary Morstan has a baby. This could open up a great aspect to the storyline. Because of her dark past as an assassin. What would someone immediately target? The baby. Ok, so I think I've covered everything to expect in season 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    All of the series are three episodes long. It's just what they do. It takes them long enough to do three! If we were to get a series of six, it'd be five years in the making!
    They are really well made, and fine quality. It is not like Doctor Who, where they pump out lots of episodes, each episode of Sherlock is a carefully made mini-movie.

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully its a step up from a disappointing S3 and new years day episode

All the series were 3 episodes and 1 1/2 hour long!!!! Ahhhhh can't wait!!!! I'm so excited! I love the series! So good but they take so damn long to make the series and then air them I mean 2 frigging years! Come on
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    As theyve said they are always 3 episodes long, but its quality over quantity. Im glad they make them and they are a treat. Obviously it takes a long time to write, but also a long time to co ordinate having all the people including Cumberbatch and Freeman together. I would just like three cases this time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I think having the 3 episodes once every 2 years or whatever is actually what makes this so good... It's a unique show, and if you want a really cool programme which is in normal series format, Elementary (American style Sherlock) is actually incredibly good! (And British actor as Sherlock!)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got round to watching Sherlock yet, but even I know that each series is only 3 episodes long. Each episode is like a feature-length film by itself - so extra respect to Cumberbatch and Freeman for churning out 3 movies every year, plus all their other projects.

ReputationRep:
    sherlock is LIFE. Its my first tv series ever! I really cant wait until next year. This years new year special was awesome too! but I wonder how the story would carry on now thar moriarty is dead.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by rayestar)
    sherlock is LIFE. Its my first tv series ever! I really cant wait until next year. This years new year special was awesome too! but I wonder how the story would carry on now thar moriarty is dead.
    That's quite interesting - I didn't think the NY Special was actually that good... I like that it's a very modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, and I felt the NY Special just didn't portray that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    That's quite interesting - I didn't think the NY Special was actually that good... I like that it's a very modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, and I felt the NY Special just didn't portray that!
    i like the modern style too but I'm quite an old fashioned style lover too. I love a lot of tv shows set in the victorian era so I might b biased there. I've also read the novels of Sherlock Holmes and I like how new plots are added to the story.
    What i hated about the NY special this year was cumberbatch's slicked back hair! It looked really odd to me lol
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    i like the modern style too but I'm quite an old fashioned style lover too. I love a lot of tv shows set in the victorian era so I might b biased there. I've also read the novels of Sherlock Holmes and I like how new plots are added to the story.
    What i hated about the NY special this year was cumberbatch's slicked back hair! It looked really odd to me lol
    Ahhh fair enough! Haha, yeh, the hair wasn't great!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh fair enough! Haha, yeh, the hair wasn't great!
    lol yea he kinda looked bold haha
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    lol yea he kinda looked bold haha
    Well, it'll certainly be nice when it's all back to normal in the next series!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, it'll certainly be nice when it's all back to normal in the next series!!
    yes! he better have his hair fluffed back to normal! ahh we need to wait for soooo long though!

ReputationRep:
    are you serious? all series have been three episodes long. what were you expecting?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    yes! he better have his hair fluffed back to normal! ahh we need to wait for soooo long though!
    Haha! I know!!! It sucks that they're so spaced out, but it does kinda add to the whole Sherlock mystery of it all

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cardiff now and I go on walks past all the major buildings where they've filmed before in the hope of seeing something... one day! Why do they think I moved here?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    I live in Cardiff now and I go on walks past all the major buildings where they've filmed before in the hope of seeing something... one day! Why do they think I moved here?!
    awww thats so kool. ur so lucky to b around there. did u c them filming?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.