Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Share The Scariest Things That Have Ever Happened To You! Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's early morning/late night i'm petrified so i thought i would create a thread where we can share our scariest real stories.

I was alone in the house. An unknown number called me and I could hear the same tv show I was watching. I kept saying hello and my voice would echo back. I thought it was just one of those broken calls where you hear your mic feedback but what happened next creeped me out.right before I put down the call, I heard a voice whispering "goodbye...goodnight." I stared at the phone confused of what happened. Then I said hello again... the static and the echo disappeared. it was all quiet then suddenly... "Hi"I put down the phone, turned off the tv then ran to bed

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I was in a camp in a foreign country with a friend when we heard very disturbing noises, it was of course very dark and we were telling tales of people being murdered at the time, it was one of our **** friends but I was only 13 and it did screw me a bit. We had no reason to believe he would be back so early because he went out :lol:

ReputationRep:
    A levels

ReputationRep:

I found TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    It's early morning/late night i'm petrified so i thought i would create a thread where we can share our scariest real stories.

I was alone in the house. An unknown number called me and I could hear the same tv show I was watching. I kept saying hello and my voice would echo back. I thought it was just one of those broken calls where you hear your mic feedback but what happened next creeped me out.right before I put down the call, I heard a voice whispering "goodbye...goodnight." I stared at the phone confused of what happened. Then I said hello again... the static and the echo disappeared. it was all quiet then suddenly... "Hi"I put down the phone, turned off the tv then ran to bed

Thanks!
    That's kind of really scary! Did you manage to get to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    I was staying in South Africa while working on a local farm in a small village in the middle of nowhere called Franklin. I had stayed late to finish some cultivations on before I headed home. My normal lift had already left without telling me so I started the 10 mile walk home at night through the South African countryside which most know to be incredibly dangerous. I was fortunate enough to get a lift from some of the farm workers back to where I was staying.

When I returned I started an argument that I had been left behind with no warning whatsoever. This escalated to me being kicked out with all my bags in a village which had already had 2 murder that month. I then started to walk back to the farm. Now the golden rule when driving on the dirt roads was; "Never stop no matter what". So walking on the dirt roads was incredibly dangerous to see the least, especially if you are white and only have a small knife to keep you safe. I made it half way into the mountains and found somewhere I could sleep off the beaten track where I would hopefully not get killed in my sleep. It was cold and dark with noway of getting myself out of this mess. My phone didn't work so I couldn't call anyone let alone phone home. I thought I was either going to die of hypothermia or get murdered.

Now that is real fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    A levels
    loool

(Original post by Sasha2208)
    That's kind of really scary! Did you manage to get to sleep?
    I know, it's so scary and i hate feeling that someone is watching me that's the worst!

ReputationRep:
    Psychosis, specifically paranoid delusions. There's nothing scarier than your own mind working against you. My most recent episode was last summer, I thought a dead child was going to murder me. I didn't sleep for 4 days.

Just months before that, while I was on holiday, I decided it would be a good idea to read creepypastas and I became paranoid thinking the characters from these stories were after me. When I looked around the hotel room I didn't see them but I still had the strongest feeling they were there. The feeling was so strong I couldn't sleep unless the blanket covers covered me from head to toe, but even then I was convinced they could still get to me. It seems like such a bad joke - at the age of 20 I was hiding under the covers fearing for my life because I thought these imaginary characters were out to get me. I could almost hear their voices so I had to wear headphones and listen to music to block them before I could really start to hear them. My therapist called it pseudo-psychosis. It's been 1.5 years, but to this day I still freak out a little when I see Squidward, Mickey Mouse or white noise on TV. (Some of the creepypastas I read were Squidward comitting suicide, something creepy about Mickey Mouse, and that Candle Cove one.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)

Thanks!
    Scariest thing for me?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I looked in the mirror.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.