The Student Room Group

Does anyone play on their consoles during y10/11

Hello,i am A y10 GCSE student...
I would like to study medicine at a top uni(Cambridge) later....
Im wondering do y11 who are currently revising or y10 play video games?
i very rarely play and when i do i feel guilty(In y10)?
Reply 1
There's nothing wrong with a console in those years, but in Year 11 I got rid of mine. I guess it is one less distraction.
If its too distracting then don't have it. If you can do your work at the same time then no problem.
Original post by VNN

You don't need to get rid of gaming completely from your life to be successful. I am studying A2's, and I only play my PS4 a few hours a month. If you are unable to control yourself from constantly gaming and you want to be successful (Medicine and Cambridge) then I suggest you get rid gaming completely from your life.
I played mine all through year 11, up until about April/May then took a break then got back on it. As long as it's not all you do you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's no more distracting than PC gaming. And yes, some do.
I'm not sure it'll be a problem. you need one R&R just don't play it until you've done your home work and put it away under lock and key during your GCSE's and revision period if you find your self playing rather than working put it in your loft or something after next summer you can play to your harts content.
Original post by VNN

OP if this motivates you... of all the 20ish people in my year who got 5A* or more, out of the 8 or so boys, none of us played video games during year 11.

Quick Reply

Latest