Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello, basically I wanted to know if the university of Liverpool is good and how they are regarded when applying for jobs etc. I had in mind to take something business related which a cross over with law due to there unique opportunity of honours select.

Thank you

Sorry for all my spelling mistakes!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm a current first year at University of Liverpool, I love it! It's a Russel group uni so one of the best in the UK, and as an original red brick uni, I'd say it's pretty prestigious!

(Original post by willow95)
    Hi! I'm a current first year at University of Liverpool, I love it! It's a Russel group uni so one of the best in the UK, and as an original red brick uni, I'd say it's pretty prestigious!
    That's really good to know. Do you have any advice to get in? I mean what is your story for getting in hah like what A Levels, GCSE' etc did you get. If you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron2515)
    That's really good to know. Do you have any advice to get in? I mean what is your story for getting in hah like what A Levels, GCSE' etc did you get. If you don't mind me asking
    No that's fine! I was so worried about getting in but they were quite lenient with accepting people. At GCSE i got 1 A*, 6As and 4Bs, then at a level i got A*BB, my offer was AAB but i got in as it was point equivalent Still try your best but dont worry too much, i know a lot of people that got in and missed their offer by one grade, and some by even two!

No that's fine! I was so worried about getting in but they were quite lenient with accepting people. At GCSE i got 1 A*, 6As and 4Bs, then at a level i got A*BB, my offer was AAB but i got in as it was point equivalent Still try your best but dont worry too much, i know a lot of people that got in and missed there offer by one grade, and some by even two!
    Omg I got similar GCSEs to you with 1A* 6As 2Bs and 1C . My offer is ABB and I'm just scared I won't get that and even if I did get ABB I'm worried that they won't accept me due to them being just minimum requirements. May I ask what course you're studying and also do you think that extra curricular activities helped you get in, such as volunteering work, musical instruments, work experience etc. Also what A Levels did you take? haha

ReputationRep:
    Omg I got similar GCSEs to you with 1A* 6As 2Bs and 1C . My offer is ABB and I'm just scared I won't get that and even if I did get ABB I'm worried that they won't accept me due to them being just minimum requirements. May I ask what course you're studying and also do you think that extra curricular activities helped you get in, such as volunteering work, musical instruments, work experience etc. Also what A Levels did you take? haha
    If they've given you an offer it means they want you! So don't worry about your subjects not being good enough I'm a history student, and at a level i did history (B), Psychology (B) and Sociology (A*). I think extra curricular activities helped me get an offer, but i dont think they'd hinder your chance of getting in. I only said that i used to be on my local swim team and that i did work experience that was 4 years ago (obviously i didnt say it was that long ago lol!) You'll be fine

If they've given you an offer it means they want you! So don't worry about your subjects not being good enough I'm a history student, and at a level i did history (B), Psychology (B) and Sociology (A*). I think extra curricular activities helped me get an offer, but i dont think they'd hinder your chance of getting in. I only said that i used to be on my local swim team and that i did work experience that was 4 years ago (obviously i didnt say it was that long ago lol!) You'll be fine
    Thank you very much. There very good A Levels and it's interesting to hear from students at the uni. Also if you don't mind me asking, what is uni like such as is it exams, coursework etc? and how many days a week is it you need to be for your lectures etc?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. There very good A Levels and it's interesting to hear from students at the uni. Also if you don't mind me asking, what is uni like such as is it exams, coursework etc? and how many days a week is it you need to be for your lectures etc?
    I think it depends what subject you do. For history i'm in four days a week. I have to attend 3 seminars and 4 lectures a week. I also had to choose a minor (sociology) so i also have a seminar and a lecture to attend for that as well. In terms of assessment (again this is only for history) i have an essay or two to write each semester for each module. I have completed all my essays now, so in total since i started in September I've done 9. Then I personally had 2 exams in January and have 3 coming up in late May. But i know for science subjects you have a pretty jam packed week, with A LOT of contact hours, something like 20+

I think it depends what subject you do. For history i'm in four days a week. I have to attend 3 seminars and 4 lectures a week. I also had to choose a minor (sociology) so i also have a seminar and a lecture to attend for that as well. In terms of assessment (again this is only for history) i have an essay or two to write each semester for each module. I have completed all my essays now, so in total since i started in September I've done 9. Then I personally had 2 exams in January and have 3 coming up in late May. But i know for science subjects you have a pretty jam packed week, with A LOT of contact hours, something like 20+
    Thank you. This was really helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.