The Student Room Group

Struggling with revision

I feel like I've hit a brick wall. Basically, I have 3 days left until I go back to school and while I should probably be revising every hour but I'm struggling to to any revision. I'm not lazy...for the first week of my holidays I worked 6/7 hours pretty much everyday and had a good routine. I managed to cover a lot in all my subjects but it's still not enough-I really need to use these 3 days. Before hand, at the start of the holidays, I had this amazing motivation and actually looked forward to revising. Now, at the end of the second week I can't do more than an hour without wanting to die. Nothing is clear, it's taking me so much longer to remember simple facts and I have 0 motivation. Normally if I felt like this I'd take an hour off, but now I can take 5 hours off and still be unable to get back into it. Why is this happening? I desperately want to do some effective revision but nothing I'm doing is sticking and I just feel awful and guilty.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Peneps
I feel like I've hit a brick wall. Basically, I have 3 days left until I go back to school and while I should probably be revising hour I'm struggling to to any revision. I'm not lazy...for the first week of my holidays I worked 6/7 hours pretty much everyday and had a good routine. I managed to cover a lot in all my subjects but it's still not enough-I really need to use these 3 days. I had this amazing motivation and almost looked forward to revising. Now, at the end of the second week I can't do more than an hour without wanting to die. Nothing is clear, it's taking me so much longer to remember simple facts and I have 0 motivation. Normally if I felt like this I'd take an hour off, but now I can take 5 hours off and still be unable to get back into it. Why is this happening? I desperately want to do some effective revision but nothing I'm doing is sticking and I just feel awful and guilty.

I think you need a day off, to refresh yourself and give yourself a break before you start up again
Original post by Peneps
I feel like I've hit a brick wall. Basically, I have 3 days left until I go back to school and while I should probably be revising every hour but I'm struggling to to any revision. I'm not lazy...for the first week of my holidays I worked 6/7 hours pretty much everyday and had a good routine. I managed to cover a lot in all my subjects but it's still not enough-I really need to use these 3 days. Before hand, at the start of the holidays, I had this amazing motivation and actually looked forward to revising. Now, at the end of the second week I can't do more than an hour without wanting to die. Nothing is clear, it's taking me so much longer to remember simple facts and I have 0 motivation. Normally if I felt like this I'd take an hour off, but now I can take 5 hours off and still be unable to get back into it. Why is this happening? I desperately want to do some effective revision but nothing I'm doing is sticking and I just feel awful and guilty.

A level or GCSE?
Reply 3
Original post by DeadEnd_96
A level or GCSE?

Highers which are equivalent to A levels
Reply 4
Original post by cookiemonster15
I think you need a day off, to refresh yourself and give yourself a break before you start up again

I really want to take a day off but for the last 3 or so days I haven't really gotten much done...when I say this I mean I haven't done anymore that 3 hours but realistically that's not enough. I feel really bad if I take a day off BC I have so much to do:frown:struggles
Reply 5
Remember why you're doing this in the first place. I'm telling you that you'll regret it. Do you want to go back to school and listen to your mates bragging about what they've completed whilst you're feeling demotivated. C'mon, get up and open a book. You'll finish a lot in these 3 days. Just close the internet, and you'll be fine. Once you start, you'll be completely into what you're doing that you will not think of anything else. And then at night before you sleep, you'll feel satisfied.
Original post by Peneps
I really want to take a day off but for the last 3 or so days I haven't really gotten much done...when I say this I mean I haven't done anymore that 3 hours but realistically that's not enough. I feel really bad if I take a day off BC I have so much to do:frown:struggles

Try different revision methods, if you find it uncomfortable sitting at your table for hours on end why don't you watch youtube vids on the relevant topic. Bring out the colours, make posters, be creative! Set yourself tasks for the day, so you know that whatever you do, you'll have to complete those tasks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest