Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what I mean is that I was out by a factor of 10, hence the standard form error. And by majority of marks I meant method, for using the N = N0e... equation and logarithms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    Yeah what I mean is that I was out by a factor of 10, hence the standard form error. And by majority of marks I meant method, for using the N = N0e... equation and logarithms.
    doh... sorry re-reading your post... i understand... u should get most marks though as many people were further away from the right answer than you...
    you might even lose only 1 or 2 marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Didn't Rutherford use alpha particles in the gold leaf expt? Unless I am mistaking what you mean..

Why would there be a lower chance of collision? Granted, electrons are smaller, but you have to make He nuclei (not atoms) go very fast to get them to hit a nucleus - as they have a 2+ charge.

oh wang, well i didn't really know what to put, and that was the first thought that came into my head. NVM it's over and done now!

ReputationRep:
    hmm...... can anyone explain why the dynamo graph is a sine graph... ??
    i drew a straight line.... and i know its wrong........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    hmm...... can anyone explain why the dynamo graph is a sine graph... ??
    i drew a straight line.... and i know its wrong........
    because the magnet is spinning around... the flux cutting isn't continious... remember only the perpendicular component of the fields to the wire can induce emf... so when the field is parallel to the current; the emf is zero... and when its going the other way (rotates 180) the current becomes negative because the magnetic field is going the other way... well i can't explain it very well but i hope you understand me

ReputationRep:
    i think i do.lol...... but its over now...... and im hopin for an A..... best of luck to everyone for August 14th(i think...)...... hope everyone has aced all their subs..

(Original post by [_Z_])
    i think i do.lol...... but its over now...... and im hopin for an A..... best of luck to everyone for August 14th(i think...)...... hope everyone has aced all their subs..
    19th, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    thanks... good luck to ya too... its the 12th of august btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    19th, I think.
    12th... always the 2nd thursday in august... 3rd thursday is GCSEs AFAIK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    thanks... good luck to ya too... its the 12th of august btw
    Results day is 19th this year

G

(Original post by S1M)
    12th... always the 2nd thursday in august... 3rd thursday is GCSEs AFAIK
    i think they're the 3rd & 4th...anyway, i checked it, and its the 19th. trust!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Results day is 19th this year

G
    oh shite... i didnt know that... why is it then? isnt that the GCSE day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i think they're the 3rd & 4th...anyway, i checked it, and its the 19th. trust!
    oh crap... ill take ur guys word for it... 19th it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    oh shite... i didnt know that... why is it then? isnt that the GCSE day?
    GCSE day is the week after...26th

G

ReputationRep:
    GCSE day is the week after...26th

G
    Ok... i believe you guys now... im too outnumbered and i have just checked my letter from my school
    I swear last year we had it on the 2nd thursday though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    Ok... i believe you guys now... im too outnumbered and i have just checked my letter from my school
    I swear last year we had it on the 2nd thursday though...
    Last year was the 14th....so it would've been the second thursday..by like...a day! lol

G

ReputationRep:
    Last year was the 14th....so it would've been the second thursday..by like...a day! lol

G
    oh rite... still the 2nd thursday though... thats probably why i got confused

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.