Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in a very run down town in the West Midlands, which in turn runs me down. There's so many great place in the UK, I feel like just starting fresh somewhere else.

Anybody ever took the plunge?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Thatsthespirit)
    I live in a very run down town in the West Midlands, which in turn runs me down. There's so many great place in the UK, I feel like just starting fresh somewhere else.

Anybody ever took the plunge?
    I moved 3 hours away for uni and its one of the best decisions i ve ever made really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I moved 3 hours away for uni and its one of the best decisions i ve ever made really.
    That's cool! I've noticed a lot of my school friends ended up staying and living where they went to uni. (This is another reason I kinda regret not going to university)

Where did you move from and to, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I did it... Lived in Swansea and hated it!

Up and left to Bristol
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's cool! I've noticed a lot of my school friends ended up staying and living where they went to uni. (This is another reason I kinda regret not going to university)

Where did you move from and to, if you don't mind me asking?
    North wales to Lancashire. It's never too late to go to university if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    I did it... Lived in Swansea and hated it!

Up and left to Bristol
    Nice. I've heard Bristol come up a few times as people moving there. Did you have a job lined up?

North wales to Lancashire. It's never too late to go to university if you want to.
    I know, but I currently have a mortgage and work long hours so I kind of bury my head in the sand when it comes to access to higher ed.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I've heard Bristol come up a few times as people moving there. Did you have a job lined up
    I did yeah, but it was a crap job. I found a better one when here

How old are you?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know, but I currently have a mortgage and work long hours so I kind of bury my head in the sand when it comes to access to higher ed.
    Do an access course through open uni maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    I did yeah, but it was a crap job. I found a better one when here

How old are you?
    That's cool. I'm 23.

Do an access course through open uni maybe
    I may do this. As it happens I'm actually selling my flat (maybe a mistake to some but I feel like I've been tied down too soon in my life) and hope to go travelling for a few months. I guess when I come back would be a good opportunity to look into this?

ReputationRep:
    I moved country previously, though not by choice. Now I'm only about 30 mins from where I used to live before the big move. Worth moving if you feel so bad about where you are now, being in the wrong area for you can really bring you down. I always used to want to move back to the area I was born, glad I didn't, it's run down there and not what it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    I've lived (6+ months) in 9 different places. Hoping this will have been the last move for a long time!

ReputationRep:
    Only moved once in my life. Stayed in the same postcode tho.

Twice albeit brief, university for a couple months but it didn't quite work out and second time was moving out with my then long term BF into our own flat. Both experiences were unique in that the first time I was on my own and the second was with someone else and getting used to a shared place.

Moving back home each time felt weird as I'd had my independence and now back to feeling like a kid again of sorts. Time to start saving for my own forever home with a garden

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moved from a small town in the midlands 2 hours away for uni =)

ReputationRep:
    Currently planning to move out of Bristol, but not sure where!

ReputationRep:
    Moved from Walthamstow to North Finchley (both in London).

But I moved when I was about 2, so I have absolutely no recollection of it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have moved almost 20 times, though not often to distinctly different areas.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.