Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm really bad at knowing what to say in a email but is this email:

Dear Dr. *, This is * from your first year Creative writing tutorial. I'm currently studying dual honours drama and creative writing however I am no longer enjoying the drama element of my degree. After studying the screen-writing module in creative writing I have developed a real interest in changing my degree for the start of second year to dual honours creative writing and film. I was just wondering if you knew if this was at all possible and if so who would be best to contact? Best Regards,*

Okay to send, I mainly want to change as I studied the screen-writing module and really enjoyed it and just feel I would be better suited. (both course are in the same facility and I was offered a place for both courses just decided to do drama)

Any advice would be great!

**emailing
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ellai17)

Dear Dr. *, This is * from your first year Creative writing tutorial. I'm currently studying dual honours drama and creative writing however I am no longer enjoying the drama element of my degree. After studying the screen-writing module in creative writing I have developed a real interest in changing my degree for the start of second year to dual honours creative writing and film. I was just wondering if you knew if this was at all possible and if so who would be best to contact? Best Regards,*

Okay to send, I mainly want to change as I studied the screen-writing module and really enjoyed it and just feel I would be better suited. (both course are in the same facility and I was offered a place for both courses just decided to do drama)

**emailing
    That reads fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ellai17)

**emailing
    That is fine there is nothing wrong with that email. I believe that'd be okay to send. It's polite, professional and I don't see any problem with why you couldn't send it!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.