Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone hear that the University of Cambridge has accepted an applicant with an OU maths degree for their Master of Advanced Study (Part III of the Mathematical Tripos)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooday)
    Does anyone hear that the University of Cambridge has accepted an applicant with an OU maths degree for their Master of Advanced Study (Part III of the Mathematical Tripos)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
    Not that I have heard but I suppose anything is possible but I would think it is unlikely for that specific course as it's probably not most people's first choice. If you are still on the OU forums, speak to Cath Brown as she is pretty knowledgeable about Cambridge as she studied maths there and is generally pretty clued up on a lot of things! She might be able to advise regarding application!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooday)
    Thanks!
    You're welcome. Cath usually knows these things inside out. Sorry I personally couldn't be more specific.

I have a joint Maths & comps sci degree from the Ou and although good I would have to question if suffieicent maths knowledge is covered but it'll depend on what prerequisite knowledge cambridge will prefer you to have and what modules you did as part of your degree.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.