Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long would it take you to learn and remember 20 pages of notes
    This is As level economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acrux)
    How long would it take you to learn and remember 20 pages of notes
    This is As level economics
    Probably 1 day, 2 days if I was struggling with learning concepts, but it depends on how condensed the notes are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrionMusicNet)
    Probably 1 day, 2 days if I was struggling with learning concepts, but it depends on how condensed the notes are.
    What is the best way to remember them ?

I tend to write them out, cover, write again from memory, but I think its a really slow approach ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon2016)
    What is the best way to remember them ?

I tend to write them out, cover, write again from memory, but I think its a really slow approach ?
    Yeah writing them out can be very effective, but as you said it can be rather slow. For me, I find speaking the notes out aloud and then covering the page really helps me. So I will go over a few definitions (or whatever is on the page) speaking them out loud and then I will keep on doing that until I can see at least those 3 definitions or so again off of the top of my head (I use the same logic for paragraphs and other things). Once I have finished the page I will usually try and see if I can say the whole page out loud again. If I muck something up but most of it is fine, I just go over the parts I mucked up on until I am reasonably confident I have them down.

After having finished a day of going over, lets say section 1 of my notes, the next day I will try and blitz over that same section quickly in the morning before I move onto the next one. So if I blitzed section 1 on Monday and went over section 2 for the first time that day, the next day (Tuesday) I would blitz over section 2 and do section 3 for the first time on that day. Hope that makes sense / helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrionMusicNet)
    Yeah writing them out can be very effective, but as you said it can be rather slow. For me, I find speaking the notes out aloud and then covering the page really helps me. So I will go over a few definitions (or whatever is on the page) speaking them out loud and then I will keep on doing that until I can see at least those 3 definitions or so again off of the top of my head (I use the same logic for paragraphs and other things). Once I have finished the page I will usually try and see if I can say the whole page out loud again. If I muck something up but most of it is fine, I just go over the parts I mucked up on until I am reasonably confident I have them down.

After having finished a day of going over, lets say section 1 of my notes, the next day I will try and blitz over that same section quickly in the morning before I move onto the next one. So if I blitzed section 1 on Monday and went over section 2 for the first time that day, the next day (Tuesday) I would blitz over section 2 and do section 3 for the first time on that day. Hope that makes sense / helps.

yep it helps !

Most of my revision is memorising like 60 paragraphs split into 8 chapters

the idea is in an exam, I can draw upon all the paragraphs ive memorised relevant to the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon2016)
    yep it helps !

Most of my revision is memorising like 60 paragraphs split into 8 chapters

the idea is in an exam, I can draw upon all the paragraphs ive memorised relevant to the question
    That sounds sensible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.