Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I become an early bird??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm tired of dreading mornings and feeling tired and annoyed no matter how many hours I sleep (slept like 3 hours 2 days ago and like 15 hours yesterday and felt exactly the same). I want to be able to wake up and fall in love with the morning atmosphere like I used to do as a 8 years old. I want to be productive every morning and look forward to going for a run or starting revision at 7-10am. I don't WANT to enjoy having a lie in and I don't want to wake up at 2pm every holiday/weekend and STILL be tempted to go back to sleep.

How do I become an early bird??

ReputationRep:
    Wake up at 7 am (once you've set your alarm the night before) and do 10 minutes of cardio exercise... 'cus you need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I'm tired of dreading mornings and feeling tired and annoyed no matter how many hours I sleep (slept like 3 hours 2 days ago and like 15 hours yesterday and felt exactly the same). I want to be able to wake up and fall in love with the morning atmosphere like I used to do as a 8 years old. I want to be productive every morning and look forward to going for a run or starting revision at 7-10am. I don't WANT to enjoy having a lie in and I don't want to wake up at 2pm every holiday/weekend and STILL be tempted to go back to sleep.

How do I become an early bird??
    Force yourself to stop going on the computer/your phone/TV after 10pm. Read a book or something for an hour and try and get to bed by 11pm.

When you set your alarm, put the alarm on the other side of the room so you have to actually get up to turn it off. When you're up, open the curtains straight away, and open the window for 5/10 minutes. So long as you have the willpower not to get back into bed, you'll be fine.

You'll hate it at first. But give it a week or two, and you'll get used to it. I had to force myself into this routine when I started my new job :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I find getting up marginally easier if I read for like an hour before going to bed at like 10 or 11 rather than staying up watching silly youtube videos until 2 in the morning or whatever the hell my normal thing is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.