Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you can probably tell by the title, anyone have a sheet/document/list of all the formulae you need to remember for FP2 and FP3?

ReputationRep:
    There's too many to mention really. Most of the formulae from C1-4, FP1-3, M1-2 that aren't in the formula booklet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    There's too many to mention really. Most of the formulae from C1-4, FP1-3, M1-2 that aren't in the formula booklet.
    Yeah I guess I will just have to go over all the content/books taking notes etc.
    I see you got an A* in FM. I will be taking FP2-3, S1-2, M2 and D1 (2 back to back exam days..hate Edexcel ). Which 3 modules did you find the easiest to get the 90+ UMS in order to get the A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirm)
    Yeah I guess I will just have to go over all the content/books taking notes etc.
    I see you got an A* in FM. I will be taking FP2-3, S1-2, M2 and D1 (2 back to back exam days..hate Edexcel ). Which 3 modules did you find the easiest to get the 90+ UMS in order to get the A*?
    2 back to back exam days isn't bad. If I remember correctly I had 8(excluding weekends).

I struggled with stats, so anything except for stats was fairly easy. Decision are the easiest to learn and get good at but you can easily drop loads of marks to mistakes. If you can get get good at mechanics or pure modules then you can pretty safely and consistently get good marks. So FP1-4, M1-3 are the best(for me though). I did AQA so it might be slightly different. Obviously if you are good at stats then you have them too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    2 back to back exam days isn't bad. If I remember correctly I had 8(excluding weekends).

I struggled with stats, so anything except for stats was fairly easy. Decision are the easiest to learn and get good at but you can easily drop loads of marks to mistakes. If you can get get good at mechanics or pure modules then you can pretty safely and consistently get good marks. So FP1-4, M1-3 are the best(for me though). I did AQA so it might be slightly different. Obviously if you are good at stats then you have them too.
    Yeah maybe slightly different I am on Edexcel. I meant 2 exams on the same day (with apparently no break) and I have it twice, one day its M2 and D1 and another day is S2 and FP3(this will be a nightmare as I find both of these really draining as I find you have to really read the question and think a lot for both of them so them back to back 3 hours in the exam hall is going to be insane for me). If you actually had 8 of these days, how did you survive?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirm)
    Yeah maybe slightly different I am on Edexcel. I meant 2 exams on the same day (with apparently no break) and I have it twice, one day its M2 and D1 and another day is S2 and FP3(this will be a nightmare as I find both of these really draining as I find you have to really read the question and think a lot for both of them so them back to back 3 hours in the exam hall is going to be insane for me). If you actually had 8 of these days, how did you survive?!
    Ah. No I meant I think I had 8 days in a row(not counting weekends) with at least one exam on each day. I only had 3 days with two exams on the same day; I got a break in between each of them luckily. If they're more than 3 hours you can usually get supervised until the afternoon then take them then. It's annoying that two maths exams in a row is exactly 3 hours.

I did have one clash in year 12 between C3 and FP1 where I didn't have a break in between so I feel your pain. The boards like to clash the same exams each year for some reason. You'd think they'd realise that a lot of people doing M2 will also be doing D1 etc..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.