Turn on thread page Beta

Prom make-up, suggestions please! watch

ReputationRep:
    Honey, if this is your prom I'd go to a place that does make up like the place in nottingham thats name i forget! but yeh go there, it would only cost the same as a hair cut and they know what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Try checking out make-up websites and see if you can find something, like Dior is a fantastic website for makeup, and especially the Dior range, even if you dont watn to get their makeup it will give you some ides what you might want.

ReputationRep:
    adhsur i have 2 words for you- TK Maxx. cheap dresses, but pretty dresses. go, buy, enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Cheers everyone, think I might go for white or an irridesant-ish one, not very good with make up so will probs have to stick to one colour, and I can't do eyeliner either! It's not so important that I need to go to a salon or something, besides, I can't afford it and there's nowhere round here! Oh yeah, and dress is posted on the Prom Dress post from a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Cheers everyone, think I might go for white or an irridesant-ish one, not very good with make up so will probs have to stick to one colour, and I can't do eyeliner either! It's not so important that I need to go to a salon or something, besides, I can't afford it and there's nowhere round here! Oh yeah, and dress is posted on the Prom Dress post from a few weeks ago.
    I had a medium blue ball dress, and I went for a metallic kind of silver/lilac shadow, and then picked it up on the outer corners and underneath my eye with a blue that was a little darker than my dress colour. I think a sliver/grey would look really nice with your dress, and as its quite light, and you said you're not so good with make-up, it will be quite good as it won't be too obvious if you've not got it perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    go for something natural- a bronze/gold colour would look really good. i don't often have a natural look on my eyes, but i did to a posh party the other night (my dress was bright pink) and i really liked it, makes you look more grown up and sensible.

lou xxx
    i agree!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.