Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I just kidding myself?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have wasted the 2 weeks holiday and that has knocked my confidence a little and has decreased my hope even further that I will never be able to do well in my exams. Everything I did last year I am doing this year and honestly I'm thinking of just dropping out of college and becoming a stripper or something if the outcome is the same. These are the exams I am sitting this year; http://prntscr.com/aq2uuq

If I start proper revision at this moment of time (Only like 1 month and 9 days until my first exam), do I even have a CHANCE at doing well getting A's? I did this last year with the whole leaving revision until the literal last minute and I KNEW the outcome so why oh WHY I did it this year AGAIN is really beyond me. I guess I was waiting for my mental health to improve which it has and studying is way more easier than it was last year but alas I have reached this point far too late.

Am I just kidding myself into thinking that if I start now everything will turn out alright?? Is it really impossible/chances are low that I will succeed the second time round doing the same thing that I did last year.

Should I just give up? :sad:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I have wasted the 2 weeks holiday and that has knocked my confidence a little and has decreased my hope even further that I will never be able to do well in my exams. Everything I did last year I am doing this year and honestly I'm thinking of just dropping out of college and becoming a stripper or something if the outcome is the same. These are the exams I am sitting this year; http://prntscr.com/aq2uuq

If I start proper revision at this moment of time (Only like 1 month and 9 days until my first exam), do I even have a CHANCE at doing well getting A's? I did this last year with the whole leaving revision until the literal last minute and I KNEW the outcome so why oh WHY I did it this year AGAIN is really beyond me. I guess I was waiting for my mental health to improve which it has and studying is way more easier than it was last year but alas I have reached this point far too late.

Am I just kidding myself into thinking that if I start now everything will turn out alright?? Is it really impossible/chances are low that I will succeed the second time round doing the same thing that I did last year.

Don't give up, you've still got plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar boat, not really done much revision in the holidays, I mean I've done like 3 or 4 past papers but not enough. But it all depends, how well do you know it before? There's a big difference from someone who has a good chunk of it down who took a break for 2 weeks and is going back to heavy revision afters than someone who has literally done NOTHING and is learning from scratch.

Assuming you did work before these 2 weeks, and you are gonna put in 110% from now on it should be alright, I don't know what you'll get but you have a better chance of getting something higher if you don't give up, 1 hour of revision is better than none. 6 weeks of revision is better than none.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

No of course not, just knuckle down for the time that you have left then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Wow even regular posters make threads as redundant as this? OP just start working, the opinions of others on what your chances of success are is irrelevant. Just because someone says you're going to fail or succeed it won't suddenly affirm your ability to do so.

ReputationRep:

No one can tell you what grades you are capable of getting. The only thing you can truthfully say is that it is always possible to get better, and that chances are if you work between now and the exams you will be in a much better position than you are now. Get working and dont give up, giving up would be a complete waste of all the time you have put in so far, and besides as you say its only like a month until exams, so surely its worth putting in the effort for just one month and then you can make decisions about what you want to do afterwards, as well as hopefully having more options open to you.

ReputationRep:
    Just think of all the revision you could have done in the time it took you to make this thread

ReputationRep:
    Start off by saying: 'I can do this!'

Then leave TSR

and work work work work work work

On a serious note though, you still have time. Be super strict with yourself. Limit your phone and laptop usage. From today, you're going to work super hard! You can still get all As but you need to tell yourself you can do it first

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.