Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my first year of studying international business at Leeds, and next year I want to take a first year module as a discovery module (
    LUBS1180 Understanding Data in the Social Sciences; I want to improve my maths skills).

Is this allowed? Would my marks be lowered because I'm a second year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skellywren)
    I'm currently in my first year of studying international business at Leeds, and next year I want to take a first year module as a discovery module (
    LUBS1180 Understanding Data in the Social Sciences; I want to improve my maths skills).

Is this allowed? Would my marks be lowered because I'm a second year?
    Hey! Same course, same uni, same year!
    Have you had those PASS sessions? The girls who run mine said that you CAN take a first year module in second year but there is something along the lines of it won't count towards your 100 credits needed to pass if you fail another module next year. Hopefully this isn't an issue anyway, but you do just need to keep it in mind. There are loads of second years on my discovery's this year

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, wonder if I know you! That's great, I've had the sessions but never even thought to ask them (mine are useless..). Thank you for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, wonder if I know you! That's great, I've had the sessions but never even thought to ask them (mine are useless..). Thank you for the help!
    Now it's getting warm again just look out for the girl wearing a pokemon hoodie that'll be me. I feel like I know so few people on the course! We might even have the same personal tutorials with Surender

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know who you are now! You have your name on your profile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know who you are now! You have your name on your profile
    I don't know whether to be worried or not but if you're part of that massive Facebook chat then yeah. I'm the one always freaking out about how to submit stuff to turn it in and 90% of the time submitting it wrong

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.