The Student Room Group

mcdonalds holiday

hello people.

I would like to gather your information about mcdonalds holidays.

well, my boyfriend went on holiday in March for two weeks. They told him that holidays gonna be paid, but today.. he hasn't got any pay on his acc. so he went to his branch manager, and she said in the end of March they not going to pay for his holiday because this is end of the year for them and all holidays on that time are for free.

He is really upset because he works there for 9 months now and his holiday should be paid!

Does anyone can give me some information please?

Thank you.
Original post by ssssassss
hello people.

I would like to gather your information about mcdonalds holidays.

well, my boyfriend went on holiday in March for two weeks. They told him that holidays gonna be paid, but today.. he hasn't got any pay on his acc. so he went to his branch manager, and she said in the end of March they not going to pay for his holiday because this is end of the year for them and all holidays on that time are for free.

He is really upset because he works there for 9 months now and his holiday should be paid!

Does anyone can give me some information please?

Thank you.

How many days a week does he work
Reply 2
Original post by apronedsamurai
How many days a week does he work

he works 6 days per week, he is full time there
he works 6 days per week, he is full time there

Full-time workers are entitled to at least 5.6 x days per week worked. Therefore, working 6 days a week= 6x 5.6. =33.6 days. However, this is actually 28 days (because this is the legal maximum).

This includes people who work full-time, part-time, agency workers and casual workers.
The rules about statutory holiday apply regardless of how long you have worked for your employer and regardless of how old you are.

The branch manager is clearly in violation of employment law, and your bf would win his case if he were to sue.
Reply 4
He started to work there 8th of May last year.
He had one holiday in January for 12 days, they paid for him.
And now he took 2 weeks 21st of March and first they say they going to pay, but now she changed her mind and they didn't pay, because she said they had to close last year 2015/2016 tax year in this time (last week of March)

But, is that really even matter that they have to close 2015/2016 tax year?
(edited 8 years ago)
He started to work there 8th of May last year.
He had one holiday in January for 12 days, they paid for him.
And now he took 2 weeks 21st of March and first they say they going to pay, but now she changed her mind and they didn't pay, because she said they had to close last year 2015/2016 tax year in this time (last week of March)

But, is that really even matter that they have to close 2015/2016 tax year?

Doesn't matter. They are in breach.
Reply 6
Doesn't matter. They are in breach.

Okay, so because we are quite new people in England, please can you give me some advise what shall we do in this case?
Thank you.
Okay, so because we are quite new people in England, please can you give me some advise what shall we do in this case?
Thank you.

Contact citizens advice. They are a charity and will provide free advice and even legal representation at tribunal level etc.
Reply 8
Contact citizens advice. They are a charity and will provide free advice and even legal representation at tribunal level etc.

Thank you very much for help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending