Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nice, Barcelona or Venice for long weekend alone Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I fancy a little city break this bank holiday (beginning of May) and was wondering where would be best. I am 28 and would be going alone...

Nice, Barcelona or Venice?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Hey all,

I fancy a little city break this bank holiday (beginning of May) and was wondering where would be best. I am 28 and would be going alone...

Cheers
    Hi there,

I haven't been to Nice or Venice so can't really say which is the best out of the three. However, I can definitely recommend Barcelona. I went last year on my own, and it was amazing! Feel free to let me know if you want any more information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Hey all,

Cheers
    Barcelona, definitely.
    Nice is pretty nice but it's also rather small.
    Venice is crowded and not too interesting tbh.
    From these options Barcelona has the most to offer I'd say.

Of course this depends on what you're into, Nice has nice beaches,
    Venice has ... Something great that I'm not aware of. I'm a bit biased though, I got food poisoning there, not so many good memories from throwing up. It's just filled with tourists.
    Barcelona is an urban city with nature just beside it, and it also has unique sights like Park Güell.

ReputationRep:
    Venice is more of a couple and family type experience, it's quite busy so personally I wouldn't go there alone. Nice seems like the best option, quiet beaches to relax

ReputationRep:
    The only place I've been to out of those three is Venice, and I wouldn't recommend it.

It's overpriced, crowded, and there's nothing Italian about it. I think everyone should go there just to check it out and say you've been, because Venice itself is quite nice to look around, but the 'experience' is total ****. I went to Venice for 3 days (2 nights) and spend a grand total of 6 hours on the actual island of Venice. It's not awful, but trust me, you probably wont enjoy it that much.

From what I've heard Nice and Barcelona are both nice places, probably Nice more-so. Personally I'd prefer to go to Barcelona since it seems more interesting to me; have a look on WikiVoyage for Barcelona and Nice and make a decision based on what you read.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.