Should Cameron Resign? Watch

Poll: Should Cameron resign?
Yes, Cameron should resign (41)
40.59%
No, Cameron shouldn't resign (50)
49.5%
Don't know enough facts or don't care (10)
9.9%
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In light of Mr Cameron availing of the off shore tax haven that is Cameron, there has been widespread calls for him to resign.

Do you think he should?
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He should. But this isn't nearly enough to force him out of office.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He should, but not for this, if he should resign over this we should just dissolve parliament and live in anarchy.
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He should, but he won't go anywhere
FarageCollage
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I began thinking "no" but now I'm thinking maybe; the icelandic PM resigned for very comparable circumstances. also, he scolded jimmy carr for tax avoidance now he's been proven to have been doing the same thing, except not directly (but come on - the principle is the same - unjust enrichment via avoiding taxes)
deta18dy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes his head should be on a pike by monday
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deta18dy)
For doing what, not being 100% open with the media to try to avoid backlash for something he hasn't actually done?
Hazzer1998
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes but not now .... If we vote out he should but resigning for this is ridiculous
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, of course not.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
In light of Mr Cameron availing of the off shore tax haven that is Cameron, there has been widespread calls for him to resign.

Do you think he should?
Nobody serious has called for him to resign. He sold shares in a dodgy company, he didn't actively hide money hiself like the Iceland PM.

He won't and he certainly should not for this.

He'll step down in the summer of 2018 with his approval ratings broadly intact at around 40% i feel.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, anyone with an ounce of knowledge of business/tax would say no. If you hate him that's fine by me but hate him based on the other stuff he's done. This is a none issue. The only thing that i'm confused about is why he's tried to hide it, possibly just an error of judgement.

He's done nothing wrong, legally or morally.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by deta18dy)
Just to confirm.. if you sell shares and profit from a dodgy company.. i should be able to sack you for being of poor character or not sound judgement?

What do you actually think he did?
deta18dy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
For doing what, not being 100% open with the media to try to avoid backlash for something he hasn't actually done?
was being sarcastic
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No. I'm sick of the loud left
deta18dy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
so 4 statements denying any profit when he made 18 grand is ok with you
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
adam9317, could you add a poll? If so, make sure to include a 'don't know enough to say' option. :holmes:
Leanney
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/122946 - This petition has over 100,000 signatures now so will be considered for a debate. What do you guys think will happen? I mean even if they do debate it (which is quite unlikely) not sure what the outcome would be considering it's a majority conservative goverment, most of whom really like Cameron.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)

Do you think he should?
As I understand it, he didn't use an offshore haven. His father did. His mistake seems to be in the way he allowed this information to become public.

Before we start hunting down and hanging those who use offshore funds, we should first examine our own pension pots very carefully. I certainly have offshore investments although I do not know the nature of them exactly.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Leanney)
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/122946 - This petition has over 100,000 signatures now so will be considered for a debate. What do you guys think will happen? I mean even if they do debate it (which is quite unlikely) not sure what the outcome would be considering it's a majority conservative goverment, most of whom really like Cameron.
Your aware that until March the polls indicated an even larger Tory majority. While i do support repealing the fixed terms parliament act if we have it in late 2016 after the EU referendum and this has blown over then you guys could really have shot yourselves in the foot.

Can you also inform us which promises surrounding education and health the Tories have reneged on?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No. He should have been more straightforward from the start though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads