Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received an undergrad offer from Lancaster but sadly wasn't able to make it there for their open day last year. So I was just wondering what the campus itself and the surrounding area are like? I've mostly applied to small unis that are quite quiet and out in the countryside and got that sort of impression from Lancaster too from researching it, but just wanted to know what actual students there or people who've been to their open day think? Also is the campus very big? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccollingwood)
    I received an undergrad offer from Lancaster but sadly wasn't able to make it there for their open day last year. So I was just wondering what the campus itself and the surrounding area are like? I've mostly applied to small unis that are quite quiet and out in the countryside and got that sort of impression from Lancaster too from researching it, but just wanted to know what actual students there or people who've been to their open day think? Also is the campus very big? Thank you
    I think that the campus is actually my favourite thing about Lancaster - in my opinion it's quite compact, but there's also a lot there e.g. shops and places to eat. It's all centred on a central corridor called 'the Spine' which you rarely have to stray too far from, unlike some other universities I visited that were more spread out. It's surrounded by countryside and there's a woodland trail you can walk around the campus perimeter which is really nice. The town centre is a 20 minute bus journey away (or an hour's walk!). I'd say it's quite quiet, especially if you choose a room in south-west campus, but I prefer staying closer to the centre of campus. There's still a lot going on though, with lots of events and things like farmers markets and Green Lancaster where you can grow your own food on campus!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.