If a guy rejects an invite to hang out, it means he's definetly not interested right? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I met this guy on my course who I see every day. He compliments me, stars at me, checks out my body, always talks to me, remembers everything about me, smiles at me and so many other signs that he likes me to the point that everyone in our group thinks he does.

However, he has never invited me out outside of our lectures and groups (I spend 5 days a week in work placement with him 10-4). He does have a girlfriend so I presume that's why but I have been told they have now split.

When I was drunk I messaged him to ask if he wanted to come to the bar me and my friends were in. It was about 1 am, the text was clearly from a drunk person. He replied really nicely and straight away, but said he was at his parents so couldn't. He said thanks for asking though.

I took this to mean he was totally not interested and so next time I went into uni I just apologised and said I'd been drunk. But the thing is, he is delighted I sent the text! Never stops going on about it, joking about it and he literally never stops talking to me and had made the flirting way more obvious since the text.

He never mentions sex so can tell he's not that sort of guy.

Would I be wrong to rule him out as interested based on his reply? Surely if he was interested he would at least have taken the opportunity to make a meet up? Or maybe the fact he knew I was drunk made him think I wasn't serious.

We have two more weeks until be stop studying together. Maybe I will know then.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
also, he never wants to be alone with me. Even to grab lunch.
georgiaswift
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He refused because you were drunk and it was 1am. He may well be interested but someone who wants a relationship isn't going to say yes to (what will look like to an outsider) a 1am drunk hookup.
Abolisher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's not interested.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hard to say. The not wanting to be alone with you is not a good sign. Ask him on a daytime date and then you will know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads