Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    .... of £10,702 does your parent have to give detailed information about their income?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Yes they have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    .... of £10,702 does your parent have to give detailed information about their income?
    yes, unless you class as an independent student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    yes, unless you class as an independent student
    What is an independent student?

ReputationRep:
    What is an independent student?
    Someone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
    Over 25
    Worked for 3 years or more earning £7,500 or more per year
    Estranged from parents and have proof of it
    Married
    Has a child
    Been in care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Someone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
    Over 25
    Worked for 3 years or more earning £7,500 or more per year
    Estranged from parents and have proof of it
    Married
    Has a child
    Been in care
    Ah, I'm not that.

So, do I have to give precise information on my parent income to get the max amount or can I just press the 'less than £45k' - or whatever it is - option and I'd get it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm not that.

So, do I have to give precise information on my parent income to get the max amount or can I just press the 'less than £45k' - or whatever it is - option and I'd get it?
    Your parent(s) will have to fill in their own online form with their income and connect it to yours.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm not that.

If you choose to be income-assessed, then your parents will have to provide their financial information and the SF assessment will be based on that. SF won't just take your word about your parents' income.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm not that.

Your parents need to provide information via their own accounts.

ReputationRep:
    I meant via the parent account, I'm not asking which account to do it on, I'm already on the right one.

I'm asking would I still get the full amount if I just did the first part of the survey, in which it comes up 'Your child is most likely to get higher maintenance loan amount' and then rejected the offer to provide further information?

ReputationRep:
    I meant via the parent account, I'm not asking which account to do it on, I'm already on the right one.

I'm asking would I still get the full amount if I just did the first part of the survey, in which it comes up 'Your child is most likely to get higher maintenance loan amount' and then rejected the offer to provide further information?
    No, all parts must be filled in to get the higher amount

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.