Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently deciding on accommodation for bath next year. I think I have narrowed it down to these two and would be greateful for any info/ recommendations, I would like to be in a very sociable halls so I'm interested to know which of these are regarded as more sociable. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    After visiting myself I think that Brendon Court is potentially more sociable as they have that large communal lounge area where everybody in the block can meet and hang out, with a really relaxing atmosphere (with bean bags and sofas and a huge TV). The people who gave me a tour there seemed really enthusiastic about it so I'd trust them. However Eastwood seems quite good too, but I can't claim to know much about it. Hope this helped!!

P.S. I've also firmed Bath for entry next year

(Original post by Haribo12)
    Hi I'm currently deciding on accommodation for bath next year. I think I have narrowed it down to these two and would be greateful for any info/ recommendations, I would like to be in a very sociable halls so I'm interested to know which of these are regarded as more sociable. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Brendon Court

This accommodation is a full catered one so you get an eat and drinks card with £55 credit put in per week to spend at the food places on campus. You can't buy alcohol using the card though. You get the basic stuff, you know a bed, sink, desk, and you get extra, a kettle and a mini fridge. Even though its fully catered, there's still the basic stuff in the kitchen (except a fridge) and a breakfast bar with stools. There's a big communal space on the ground floor with a TV plus freeview, games console (don't know what one), HDMI connectivity and a bunch of chairs, bean bags and a table. You share a bathroom with around 5 people. I think this makes it more sociable than Eastwood.

Eastwood

This is a self-catered accommodation. There are different variations of the standard rooms: standard, standard with sink, standard shared. You get the basic stuff you expect in a uni room, you know, bed, desk etc etc. The kitchen/dining area has the stuff you'd expect. This would also triple as a social area with comfy chairs and a TV.If you don't really wanna cook for yourself, I think you should go for Brendon Court.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's very helpful! Do you know how many people share a kitchen in Brendon court?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's very helpful! Do you know how many people share a kitchen in Brendon court?
    I don't know, I'm not seeing any figures anywhere. One of the Bath reps could know though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently living in Brendon Court! I have enjoyed my time here mainly due to the social aspect. You aren't confined to a small flat of people that if you don't get on with can be pretty bad. Brendon is a large building and people from all different are friends and we definitely have the best nights out!
    However the building itself is not great. The rooms are quite small but that does not bother me (my room had a mould problem but maintenance cleaned it). There's one small kitchen on each floor shared between 37 or so people so it does get really gross very quickly. The showers are cleaned once or twice a week however you do find stray pubes, and odd stains( Eastwood do not have a cleaning service so I imagine this is worse there). There are also no ovens which presents problems when you want to cook.
    This brings me on to the issue of catering credit. The food available is terrible, pretty much burgers and pizza (I once got served one with half a dead spider on) and is not very healthy so you end up spending money in the shop. Also it is very difficult to spend all the money, I have over £300 left and it will not get refunded. There is currently a petition running to try change this if you would like more details: https://www.change.org/p/university-...edium=copyLink
    I have been in an Eastwood flat once and there was pee on the stairs...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.