The Student Room Logo
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
This thread is closed

Does Bristol have the fittest girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ha that just makes her sound like such an idiot. So she likes thin white pretty people only?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Rui
"When I look at what Britain is, it’s just a complete mess," she said. "I don’t appreciate how people come into our country and take over our country.

"Britain really isn’t Britain anymore. My mind is completely open to different cultures but I don’t think they should bring them to Britain.

"I don’t like fat people, I don’t like really ugly people. I don’t like it when foreigners come into this country and they don’t take on British culture and British values. I’m for slavery but that’s never going to come back."

When a fellow contestant said he hated racists, Miss Buchanan replied: "I’m afraid you have one here. From what I have seen they (black people) are really bad."

On the bright side, she did say in the final episode that the experience had made her more open-minded. It's amazing how many people form their opinions on something when they've no experience of it whatsoever.
Reply 22
I guess if the experience has changed her, then it's positive, but she should still be embarrassed by her comments.
Reply 23
Rui
Nah, just from the city, sadly not from the Uni. She IS hot indeed. Although I'm slightly bemused by her 'indie is a new genre of music sweeping across the nation' comments.

Not that I watched Big Brother instead of revising.

Tru dat

Rui
Well to be honest you'd still bang her.

There's enough people with her upper-class blindly-conservative views at Bristol already, so I don't think we need any more. Maybe she'll lose her passport or something?

This man speaks the truth!
Reply 25
She made a mistake, but personally I don't think that's anywhere near as bad as what the girl off Shipwrecked said.
Rui
She made a mistake, but personally I don't think that's anywhere near as bad as what the girl off Shipwrecked said.

I agree. The program makers agreed it was 'careless' rather than racist, but they're hyper senstive over the whole Jady Goody thing.
Reply 27
Yup. I'm certainly not suggesting this was a 'set-up' or anything like that, but I bet C4 were delighted they had a chance to clamp down on a bit of racist language, to show they were taking a stand.
Reply 28
It's a bit Cheryl Cole innit.
Reply 29
Lianne from Shipwrecked also lives in Bristol and is always out... she's not racist and she's VERY pretty :smile:
Wowbagger
Lianne from Shipwrecked also lives in Bristol and is always out... she's not racist and she's VERY pretty :smile:

oh how beauty blinds suseptable men :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Wowbagger

Mate, I don't think Katherine will be very pleased to read that!
guys i missed the part where she actually says the racist stuff. does anyone have a video of it ???
Reply 33
Just search for it on youtube.com or dailymotion.com
i couldn't find any.
If you watched the programme you'd realise she completely did a u turn on her beliefs as the show went on.
Reply 37
I heard that as well but examples please.
I'm noticing a theme here: Pretty girl + Some kind of Bristol connection = Racism....
Reply 39
scribble_girl
I'm noticing a theme here: Pretty girl + Some kind of Bristol connection = Racism....

That's racist against Bristol! :wink:

Latest

Latest