Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are victorias secret models the gold standard for female beauty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i think so

ReputationRep:
    miranda kerr tho

But anyway, its not a standard, its just them being them which happens to be supermodels.

I think standard is the wrong word, its like food has a standard or you have standards when you buy a car/house which suggests an object.

I think the Victoria models are just the pinnacle not the standard, standard evokes a definiton that everything/everyone MUST follow to a cerain degree which isnt true, you dont HAVE to be like miranda kerr to be beautiful, is just so happens being a supermodel...thats what she is

No, Audrey Hepburn is
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    say no to standards

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Hill, Rosie HW and Kelly Gale tho

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they are

ReputationRep:
    Fitness models are much better IMO. Most VS models have flat arses compared to fitness models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    miranda kerr tho

But anyway, its not a standard, its just them being them which happens to be supermodels.

I think standard is the wrong word, its like food has a standard or you have standards when you buy a car/house which suggests an object.

I think the Victoria models are just the pinnacle not the standard, standard evokes a definiton that everything/everyone MUST follow to a cerain degree which isnt true, you dont HAVE to be like miranda kerr to be beautiful, is just so happens being a supermodel...thats what she is
    Miranda Kerr has a face like a chubby pidgeon. Every time I see a poster of her I lol at her and her pidgeon cheeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    i think so
    I remember looking at the Wikipedia list of Vs models and just at first glance TBH thought most of them were like 8/10 at most.

They're attractive sure but they all have that element to them that catwalk models tend to have of being quite pretty but not quite sexy if you know what I mean.

Like I look at most them and I think "oh she looks pleasant" but you don't really think "oh my god she's hot as hell I want to rip her clothes off"

Imo to be 9 or 10/10 a girl has to look both pretty in a wholesome way like VS models do, but also sexy in a want to shag her right there on the spot way too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most beautiful famous women that come to mind actually are Christina Hendricks and January Jones in Mad Men.

They both have that rare wholesome yet dirty sex appeal to them.

Plus they have much more appealing bodies than VS models who are mostly stick thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.