Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Space is like an infinite ocean. We are but a goldfish in the Pacific. The evidence to our understanding does not support the possibility of the existence of extra-terrestrial life. But this can only be based on evidence to human understanding. It can be theorized that the five senses of the human species limits humans from obtaining the evidence to support the possibility of the existence of alien beings. It is for this reason that it remains only a theory. Possibly in an elevated form of existence, such a theory may at last become fact.

The imagination is a fascinating, very complex thing. Just the understanding alone that the human mind ( having no rock solid evidence of alien existence) can formulate the thought of a life form other than human, doesn't support the logic of actual alien existence. But it is safe to say that just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. Who knows, the possibility of a life form smaller than an atom may exist out there and proving it may be far beyond our capabilities. There may be alien life forms right here on earth capable of dodging the detection of humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Been smoking weed?

I jest, but I always thought space was pretty finite.

When the evidence presents itself that there is indeed another lifeform, then I'll have a reason to believe. Until then, I will simply say "I do not know"

Spoiler:
    Show
    Imagine if I actually spoke like that in person? Who uses the word indeed or jest in person. I'd probably just say "nah fam, probs not"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Been smoking weed?

I jest, but I always thought space was pretty finite.

When the evidence presents itself that there is indeed another lifeform, then I'll have a reason to believe. Until then, I will simply say "I do not know"
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Imagine if I actually spoke like that in person? Who uses the word indeed or jest in person. I'd probably just say "nah fam, probs not"
    Trust me my g but I want peoples honest intake on this subject ya get me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lack of intelligence is the greatest poverty

ReputationRep:
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    100%
    I believe in the ancient astronaut theory.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there are. Many stars have roughly suitable planets and there are many stars in the galaxy and a lot of galaxies in the universe and once life is generated it can last for a time interval within an order of magnitude of a stellar lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I mean if the universe is infinite as theorised then it's a logical certainty that there is life on other planets.

Do I believe UFO conspiracists? Nope.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.