Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    TIL a guitar can cry,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    TIL a guitar can cry,
    its called vibrato

ReputationRep:

I like it when an artist makes his voice cry (skip to 6:20) if yall don't want to watch the whole thing.

Btw that's a shortened version, the actual outro is close to 4 minutes on the album version
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For me, nobody makes the guitar sing quite like Mark Knopfler

I take a lot of influence in the way I play from him, especially when I fingerpick.

What I particularly love about that particular performance is that when he's getting to the peak of the solo he just kind of turns around to see what the rest of the band are doing as though he's not putting any effort in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.