Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1: I had trouble finding my new school bus stop today Mia. The directions led to seemingly deserted crossroads, but then I saw a boy and ran across to ask.
    Stupid. I didn’t hear the truck until it was bearing down on me, I couldn’t move, couldn’t think…
    Next thing I was on the ground. Must have hit my head, I saw the boy move impossibly fast to shove me to safety, but I also saw him go under…
    When I stood up, he was fine and calmly told me I was in the right place for the bus. I forget what he did next.

3: I took a picture of a sweet kitten sniffing around the pile of flowers, the kind for road accident victims, at the crossroads for you. I remember how much you love cats.

4: I saw that boy again. He looks your age. I’d hoped we could be friends but he won’t tell me his name and looked surprised when I tried to talk to him. Maybe he just isn’t used to girls?

5: He’s pretending he can’t hear me.

12: It was chucking it down so we shared my umbrella. I told him about how I’m settling in at school. When I asked about him he just looked confused. At least he’stalking (a bit) now.

17: He told a joke!

23: Still no name, but we get on well. I told him about you, he said he’d like to meet you.I said he can when you come to visit. You will visit soon, right?

32: I asked Mum if I could ask him over but she just shook her head and tried to explain that there are no other kids in the village, then asked if I was okay. They keep doing that, ever since you left.

49: I didn’t see him during half term, though I looked. Today I didn’t notice him until he called my name, just a metre away. It took a moment to recognize him and he realised.
    I forgot my only friend? Other than you of course Mia! You know you’re my best friend! It’s just… it gets hard to remember; they keep telling me you’re not.
    I’m sorry.

52: I didn’t mean to make him cry, I only asked about his friends but suddenly he was in my arms,choking on sobs he didn’t want to let out. I held him until the bus came.Thankfully, nobody asked.

53: Yesterday didn’t happen.

59: I investigated a noise from the flower pile. The kitten was trapped inside, next to an old photograph in a dirty frame. When I wiped it clean… well, I think you can guess who it was.
    Everything happened in a daze next, though that’s how most things have been since you left.
    I read the name, wiped my eyes and walked over to him. I told him his name. He smiled and nodded and faded away.

I think he’s with you now Mia.

**My entry for the TSR Short Story Competition**
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MezzaTheMez)
    1: I had trouble finding my new school bus stop today Mia. The directions led to seemingly deserted crossroads, but then I saw a boy and ran across to ask.
    Stupid. I didn’t hear the truck until it was bearing down on me, I couldn’t move, couldn’t think…
    Next thing I was on the ground. Must have hit my head, I saw the boy move impossibly fast to shove me to safety, but I also saw him go under…
    When I stood up, he was fine and calmly told me I was in the right place for the bus. I forget what he did next.

3: I took a picture of a sweet kitten sniffing around the pile of flowers, the kind for road accident victims, at the crossroads for you. I remember how much you love cats.

4: I saw that boy again. He looks your age. I’d hoped we could be friends but he won’t tell me his name and looked surprised when I tried to talk to him. Maybe he just isn’t used to girls?

5: He’s pretending he can’t hear me.

12: It was chucking it down so we shared my umbrella. I told him about how I’m settling in at school. When I asked about him he just looked confused. At least he’stalking (a bit) now.

17: He told a joke!

23: Still no name, but we get on well. I told him about you, he said he’d like to meet you.I said he can when you come to visit. You will visit soon, right?

32: I asked Mum if I could ask him over but she just shook her head and tried to explain that there are no other kids in the village, then asked if I was okay. They keep doing that, ever since you left.

49: I didn’t see him during half term, though I looked. Today I didn’t notice him until he called my name, just a metre away. It took a moment to recognize him and he realised.
    I forgot my only friend? Other than you of course Mia! You know you’re my best friend! It’s just… it gets hard to remember; they keep telling me you’re not.
    I’m sorry.

52: I didn’t mean to make him cry, I only asked about his friends but suddenly he was in my arms,choking on sobs he didn’t want to let out. I held him until the bus came.Thankfully, nobody asked.

53: Yesterday didn’t happen.

59: I investigated a noise from the flower pile. The kitten was trapped inside, next to an old photograph in a dirty frame. When I wiped it clean… well, I think you can guess who it was.
    Everything happened in a daze next, though that’s how most things have been since you left.
    I read the name, wiped my eyes and walked over to him. I told him his name. He smiled and nodded and faded away.

I think he’s with you now Mia.

**My entry for the TSR Short Story Competition**
    Brilliant story

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.