Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I pay my tuition fees?

My parents won't fund my education, they've already spent a lot of their savings on helping my brothers through university, and they aren't that keen on my going anyway.

I qualify for a bursary, but that is still significantly short of the tuition fees.

It will be difficult to find a job, most jobs will be mixed gender, and I am not comfortable in that situation.

Can anyone suggest any halal loans?

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy you're in for a treat in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Lmaoooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Surely this is a joke thread...

Edit: Oh **** it isn't.
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Have you tried Student Finance yet? They can supply a loan to cover your tuition fees, and a maintenance loan to help cover your day-to-day costs. Assuming you're not in London and your parents' income doesn't qualify you for the minimum amount available, these should be enough to live a decent student lifestyle without getting a part-time job.

(Original post by mocha Frappe)
    Oh boy you're in for a treat in the real world.
    (Original post by alldayniqqa)
    Lmaoooooooo
    Any advice? If not, then don't feel the need to comment, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to The modern world where women and men work together, if you cant handle this I dont see how you will get any real job

ReputationRep:

My parents won't fund my education, they've already spent a lot of their savings on helping my brothers through university, and they aren't that keen on my going anyway.

I qualify for a bursary, but that is still significantly short of the tuition fees.

It will be difficult to find a job, most jobs will be mixed gender, and I am not comfortable in that situation.

So will university and most things in life. Unless your parents are rich and will fund your tuition you will struggle I assume.

It's hard. My tuition fees are paid by the nhs
    , but I've got to take living loan. May allah forgive me inshallah x

I've heard of shiria loan

(Original post by Jenx301)
    So will university and most things in life. Unless your parents are rich and will fund your tuition you will struggle I assume.
    I am considering universities in Europe, for example they are free in Germany. Yes, University is mixed gender, but that can't be helped, and there at least will be other Muslim students in my situation who might help

ReputationRep:
    You could do teaching in mosque which will be segregated or tutoring at home

ReputationRep:
    ffs I thought you modern muslims weren't literalists

ReputationRep:

Halal loans and jobs LOL you'll get far m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by HAnwar)
    You could do teaching in mosque which will be segregated or tutoring at home
    That's a great idea, thanks

Do you think that will be enough to cover the costs of university?

ReputationRep:

LOOOL how did you survive this long in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    Any advice? If not, then don't feel the need to comment, thanks
    Student loans don't require interest I'm pretty sure, that's why they're student loans. If they do then oh maaaaaaaan

Laughed at this post for a while.

Anyho - work is work, and working with men isn't haram - keep the relationships strictly business if you're that scared

ReputationRep:
    That's a great idea, thanks

Do you think that will be enough to cover the costs of university?
    No it won't. You have to pay for a year upfront so unless you can get the mosque you work at to pay you 9k before you start uni, I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Student loans don't require interest I'm pretty sure, that's why they're student loans. If they do then oh maaaaaaaan
    Erm, they do. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Student loans gain interest over time.

ReputationRep:
    @OP

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ce-product.pdf

Hope you find this helpful

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.