The Student Room Group

What is your facial skin care routine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aaliyah.97
I while back I used the vitamine E but I noticed they changed the ingredients or something so I completely stopped using it because it was irritating my skin. I love the L'oreal products now I use it everyday and don't give me any bother. Yes it true that there's no point in using products when I don't have any makeup but I have found a difference on when I don't use it everyday and if I do because when I don't it's so easy for me to breakout whereas when I do it's less likely I will.

Yeah that makes sense (: I suppose it just depends what type of skin you have
Reply 41
Original post by Habina786xx
Foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, mascara and lipstick..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mean makeup like face washes and creams and cleansers
Reply 42
Original post by Emily190100
Yeah that makes sense (: I suppose it just depends what type of skin you have

Yeah I have really sensitive skin
Reply 43
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Complicated.

In the morning:
Wash face with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Tone with Mario Badescu Seaweed Lotion
Use Balm Balm little miracle Rosehip Serum and let my skin absorb it
Use Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
Moisturise with Lush Cosmetic Lad moisturiser
Use Mario Badescu Drying Cream in problem areas
Cover face in Bare Minerals Prime Time
Continue with makeup routine (foundation, concealer, highlighter, bronzer, blusher, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara)

At night:
Remove makeup with Lush Ultrabland
Wash face with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Lotion
Tone with Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion "C"
Use Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
Moisturise cheeks, nose and forehead with Nuxe Paris 24 hour Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh Mask
Use Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion on chin and above eyebrows
Spot use Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on any whiteheads

Every three/four days:
Mario Badescu Silver Powder on T Zone
Whichever Lush mask takes my fancy

Wow how do you remember what you need to do you must have a little shop going on your desk
Original post by Aaliyah.97
Wow how do you remember what you need to do you must have a little shop going on your desk

Hahaha something like that... Don't get me started on my corresponding hair routine :colondollar:

I have awful combination skin though and if I don't balance it prooerly. I'll either get terrible breakouts or awful flaky skin.
Reply 45
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Hahaha something like that... Don't get me started on my corresponding hair routine :colondollar:

I have awful combination skin though and if I don't balance it prooerly. I'll either get terrible breakouts or awful flaky skin.

Hahaha 😂😂😂
Reply 46
I used to have acne and still have a mild one, or at least hormonal breakouts. I had all this fancy routines that included tons of stuff because I, too, have a demanding combination skin.I noticed that it's better for me to simplify things up.

Nowadays I use Kiehl's calendula deep cleansing foam (which is a bit drying tbh, I also have the black African soap bar but that's even more drying) as a moisturizer I use the basic nivea cream. I used to have A-vitamin moisturizer which was pretty good but I was more surprised by the nivea cream. It seems to balance my skin tone and doesn't make my skin look too oily but it also makes sure it doesn't get flaky. Not to mention how cheap it is compared to my previous creams.

I also use manuka honey as a mask every once in a while and exfoliate once a week. In the morning I only wash my face with water if it seems greasy, usually it looks the best in the morning.

My favorite fancy product was definitely No Zit Sherlock spot treatment by Bliss, it work for single breakouts so well! But they don't sell it over here anymore and I think it kind of stopped working after awhile, so maybe it's only good for a short period of time...
Wake up, wash my face then dry done. :biggrin:

Quick Reply