Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Do heels look good on a girl even if she's 5ft 9+ w/o them? watch

I'm just over 5ft 9 / 1.76 m, and have wondered this for some time now. When I go out in the evenings, I tend to wear heels, but I'm not sure if this intimidates guys because I tower over them. They do tend to get surprised when I stand up and they realise how tall I am. I do turn heads when I'm out and about (in flats) so not sure if I'd be better off wearing heels if they don't increase my attractiveness (they also hurt lol).
    Just looking for guys' opinions...

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you with heels?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft 2 and if there were any girl that would be the same height or taller than me i'd be impressed if anything haha.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care (5'10"-11" barefoot male) but I know a lot of guys prefer girls who are smaller than them, just like a lot of girls prefer taller guys.

Whether they look good or not depends on if you're proportionate (I like tall girls but sometimes they can be gangly-looking) and attractive in general.

(Original post by KingKoala)
    There's surely a big variety depending on the specific heel, plus the fact that the shoe won't give you as much height as they actual heel size ie. a 5 inch heel might give less than 4 inch of actual height.

(Original post by KingKoala)
    6ft 1
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just over 5ft 9 / 1.76 m, and have wondered this for some time now. When I go out in the evenings, I tend to wear heels, but I'm not sure if this intimidates guys because I tower over them. They do tend to get surprised when I stand up and they realise how tall I am. I do turn heads when I'm out and about (in flats) so not sure if I'd be better off wearing heels if they don't increase my attractiveness (they also hurt lol).
    if your happy, there's nothing wrong (personally, I couldnt care less if someone is tall, as long as they are a good person who isnt a jerk)

ReputationRep:

Hmmm

So you are about 6' in heels? Not really tall enough to 'tower' over and 'intimidate' the average guy.

But I suppose they may think you would only be interested in taller guys and therefore don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i prefer girls any height to wear heels tbh I am 6 ft1 so yeah im fine with it
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hell yeah.

Be tall and proud!

ReputationRep:
    6ft 1
    Well I suppose you would have a greater chance of attracting taller men (6foot 4+), then you could have giant babies (if that is what you wish of course).

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with it. I like it when girls wear heels. Makes you look more attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.