Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for Summer Temps but can only find Part-Times? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 12 (College) so I am fairly new to the whole job application process: please bare with me 
    Summer holidays are coming up. Im looking for a job for the three months (June to end of Aug), but all the jobs I see are part-time jobs that do not mention anything about temporary summer work. I had applied to a Tesco part-time and one 'Temporary' job but it does not mention any starting dates.

I'm wondering if issues such as this would be discussed during interviews? Should I just apply to part-time jobs and mention that I am specifically looking for a summer temp during the interview?
    Quite a naïve question but I am genuinely stuck here 

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)
    I'm in Year 12 (College) so I am fairly new to the whole job application process: please bare with me 
    Summer holidays are coming up. Im looking for a job for the three months (June to end of Aug), but all the jobs I see are part-time jobs that do not mention anything about temporary summer work. I had applied to a Tesco part-time and one 'Temporary' job but it does not mention any starting dates.

I'm wondering if issues such as this would be discussed during interviews? Should I just apply to part-time jobs and mention that I am specifically looking for a summer temp during the interview?
    Quite a naïve question but I am genuinely stuck here 

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going through the same process at the moment. I'm in year 13 so would like to work for a few months before starting uni. I was just going to ask around in hope of some places having summer jobs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.