Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have exams in a month for AS but I am concentrating on c1 and c2. S1 is my last exam but I have 20 whole days from my second last to my last which is stats. Shall I not do any revision until then? I am quite weak in it

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that's not a very good idea, especially because you say you're quite 'weak in it'; which suggests you probably need to put some more work in now to avoid more stress later. I think the best thing to do would be to do some S1 once or twice a week, but focus on your other subjects/modules if that's what if you feel will work better. Those 20 days will be spent on S1 anyway since you obviously won't have anything else, but imo it'd be better for you to focus on past papers in that time, rather than trying to understand/learn the content. S1 (just like the rest of maths) is all about practice. You may find the questions obscure or difficult right now, but, with enough practice, you'll start to find them very easy (and similar to other questions). You have what, a month left before your exams? I think that's more than enough time to focus on C1 C2 AND S1, but, again, it's very much up to you. Good luck!

P.S I find it funny how your last exam is S1. My second exam this year is S1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    I'd say that's not a very good idea, especially because you say you're quite 'weak in it'; which suggests you probably need to put some more work in now to avoid more stress later. I think the best thing to do would be to do some S1 once or twice a week, but focus on your other subjects/modules if that's what if you feel will work better. Those 20 days will be spent on S1 anyway since you obviously won't have anything else, but imo it'd be better for you to focus on past papers in that time, rather than trying to understand/learn the content. S1 (just like the rest of maths) is all about practice. You may find the questions obscure or difficult right now, but, with enough practice, you'll start to find them very easy (and similar to other questions). You have what, a month left before your exams? I think that's more than enough time to focus on C1 C2 AND S1, but, again, it's very much up to you. Good luck!

P.S I find it funny how your last exam is S1. My second exam this year is S1!
    Thanks ahaha I'll go over the mixed exercises during this month then

I know right it's so weird it's my only exam after half term

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.