Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I want to study Maths and Econ and have shortlisted LSE as a possible school. However, having read tsr I'm lead to believe that LSE's math department is nothing special but they have a strong econ.

I have also been looking at Warwick, but don't fancy living cov. The other uni would be UCL but their maths and econ course is mainly maths and I would like 50/50 split.

What other schools are there? Oxbridge? Bristol?

I want to go to a target uni

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramie)
    Hey,

I want to study Maths and Econ and have shortlisted LSE as a possible school. However, having read tsr I'm lead to believe that LSE's math department is nothing special but they have a strong econ.

I have also been looking at Warwick, but don't fancy living cov. The other uni would be UCL but their maths and econ course is mainly maths and I would like 50/50 split.

What other schools are there? Oxbridge? Bristol?

I want to go to a target uni

Thanks
    The list goes like this:
    Cambridge/Oxford
    Imperial
    Warwick/LSE/Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    The list goes like this:
    Cambridge/Oxford
    Imperial
    Warwick/LSE/Bristol
    Bristol is not really in the same category as LSE or Warwick for Maths and Econ. Perhaps a tier below with Durham and whatnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Bristol is not really in the same category as LSE or Warwick for Maths and Econ. Perhaps a tier below with Durham and whatnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bristol is ranked higher than Warwick and LSE internationally. Even nationally in mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is ranked higher than Warwick and LSE internationally. Even nationally in mathematics.
    LOL for real? For Maths it goes Cambridge/Oxford then Imperial/Warwick. Econ Cambridge/LSE, then Oxford Warwick UCL.
    Bristol is not on the same level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HangeeTw)
    LOL for real? For Maths it goes Cambridge/Oxford then Imperial/Warwick. Econ Cambridge/LSE, then Oxford Warwick UCL.
    Bristol is not on the same level
    You said Oxford twice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathgeek)
    You said Oxford twice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are u on about?

ReputationRep:
    LOL bristol is nothing compared to LSE and Warwick. Warwick and LSE are another level in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HangeeTw)
    what are u on about?
    Looool I'm clearly blind , sorry xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.