ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben Johnson)
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm.

This sounds very much like you wanting others to do your homework for you.

If you want help (which we are more than happy to give ) start by telling us what you think is happening and we can guide you to your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Kinetic to eletrical and heat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Hmmmmm.

This sounds very much like you wanting others to do your homework for you.

If you want help (which we are more than happy to give ) start by telling us what you think is happening and we can guide you to your answer.
    It's actually for a revision for a mock exam coming up XD. I'm guessing that it stores elastic potential energy and when the radio is wound up it is transformed into kinetic energy, which is, in turn, transformed into sound and heat energy. Although I think it might transform into electrical energy before it became sound and heat energy.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's actually for a revision for a mock exam coming up XD. I'm guessing that it stores elastic potential energy and when the radio is wound up it is transformed into kinetic energy, which is, in turn, transformed into sound and heat energy. Although I think it might transform into electrical energy before it became sound and heat energy.
    Yes. you got it.

Chemical energy is converted to kinetic by the human body which is used to turn the wind-up mechanism. This kinetic energy is stored as potential energy by coiling a spring mechanism.

When the spring is released, the stored potential is released as kinetic energy driving a dynamo generator producing electrical energy.

The electrical energy provides a current to work the radio which converts the energy to sound and heat.

Note, there are also energy losses in the wind-up mechanism and the dynamo which also escape as sound and heat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.