20.43%
    pluck
    43.01%
    wax
    6.45%
    nothing
    30.11%

ReputationRep:
    I started to do my own eyebrows myself recently (just pluck them) and I am really starting to like the results and I am starting to think why I didn't ever start doing it myself. I like being able to control how my own eyebrows look.

Usually when I get my eyebrows threaded, the lady is always rushing and she never asks how I like them, so I end up with eyebrows I don't like. I like my eyebrows to look a certain way.

How do you do your eyebrows? Do you pluck/wax/thread or do them yourself??

ReputationRep:
    Pluck and pencil them thick with a natural look 👌🏽

ReputationRep:
    wax them all off and paint them on with oil paints, set them with flour
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I just pluck them to neaten them up and then tidy them up with the Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow when I'm doing my makeup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkred)
    wax them all off and paint them on with oil paints, set them with flour
    Why can't people just answer a simple question without trying to make a joke out of it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I pluck them and then do nothing. I have dark eyebrows and they are quite thick so I'm lucky to have been blessed with them.

ReputationRep:
    I do nothing right now. I tried plucking them a while ago so I know I have the technique down for when I feel the need to start doing it, but currently it's a bit of a hassle for someone with no social life.

ReputationRep:
    i've never had mine threaded/waxed etc, i just brush them up and out then fill them in(with pencil) with like an ombre fade effect then highlight underneath

I pluck them. I would NEVER let somebody else near my eyebrows.:noway:

ReputationRep:
    I shave mine off and then draw them on with liquid liner :giggle:

Jk I pluck mine because it hurts less than threading and I have total control over the hairs I remove; with threading I also found that the lady removes wayyy too much hair.

However at the moment I am in the slow process of re-growing because I went a bit bonkers with the plucking and removed a bit too much :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Why can't people just answer a simple question without trying to make a joke out of it
    FINE.

I pluck mine to get the shape that I want. Then I use a loreal hard pencil to fill /darken them up a bit. Brush through them with a spoolie to disperse the product evenly. Set with clear brow gel from elf. Try to achieve a natural look.

But sometimes when I'm doing makeup whilst predrinking they might get ****ed up but who cares im drunk

ReputationRep:
    I do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I use a white eyeliner pencil to highlight around the shape that I want my brows to be like; any hairs which fall inside the white pencil line or outside of it, I pluck. It makes it easier to get my brows nice and even instead of what i used to do which was pluck and pluck some more until they're odd as hell
    If my hairs are looking messy, that's usually due to them being too long.
    For this, (i'd like to say i get some clean water but meh, i'm human) I lick my finger and swipe it across my brow. Then, with an eyebrow brush, I brush upwards and trim the tiniest amount until i'm satisfied.

I could go on and on( I'm brow obsessed!!! ) But I shan't.

Demi x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc98)
    I shave mine off and then draw them on with liquid liner :giggle:

Jk I pluck mine because it hurts less than threading and I have total control over the hairs I remove; with threading I also found that the lady removes wayyy too much hair.

However at the moment I am in the slow process of re-growing because I went a bit bonkers with the plucking and removed a bit too much :sigh:
    I can totally relate.
    Btw, you have nice eyebrows

ReputationRep:
    I can totally relate.
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I usually just leave them and do anything to them but yesterday I got them waxed for the first time ever for my mum's wedding next week. It was actually quite relaxing! Got it done at a salon and they said they should be done every few weeks but tbh, I will probably only get it done every few months or once a year. I'm lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    au natural

just the occasional thread and pluck but my beautician said i have a really good natural shape anyway

ReputationRep:
    I can totally relate.
    threading is awful!! felt like she was sellotaping my eyebrows off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    threading is awful!! felt like she was sellotaping my eyebrows off!
    yup which is why i hardly ever thread mines lol

ReputationRep:
    yup which is why i hardly ever thread mines lol
    im due my next one :'(

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.