Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm currently working for a motor firm as a Purchase Ledger Clerk, I've been there for about 6 months now and I am nearing my 6 month probation period - everything so far has run smoothly, I received excellent feedback for my 3 month review and the firm have repeatedly told me that they will fund any examinations I wish to do. I've currently been looking into the best paths to take and I have a few questions I'm a bit unsure about.

From what I can understand, most people start with AAT level qualification, which seems to lay the foundations towards a chartered accountancy course. I have completed my studies up to degree level, although i suffered with grades for my A Levels and Degree (to be blunt, I was in and out of hospital during this period of my life). Personally, I would like to avoid doing the AAT and move straight onto a chartered accountancy course, would my degree help to fast track me into this position?

My qualifications:

York St John University
    BA Hons Communication and Culture - 2:2

A Levels
    Media Studies - B
    English Literature - D
    General Studies - D

I am also interested in listening to some opinions regarding charterered accountancy courses. I have seen that there's ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, I'm not sure if there are more qualifications I haven't heard about but I would be interested in learning more about the pros and cons of each qualification?

Do the AAT, which will give a full foundation to accountancy and then you can be fast tracked to the ICAEW.

All the best
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.