The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
Primarily Football, Horses and Greyhounds.

No idea, only been going since last October.

isn't horse racing unreliable as it is more corrupt also how long does it take before they ban you do they send you an email or something
Reply 61
Original post by karl pilkington
isn't horse racing unreliable as it is more corrupt also how long does it take before they ban you do they send you an email or something

The actual race doest matter, just how close the odds are between the bookie website and betting exchange I use to match the bet.

Yes, they send you an email such as:

Following a review of your account, we regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible for any William Hill Online Sports and Racing offers. This means you will no longer receive football promotions such as Acca Insurance, Scorer 2nd Chance and Bore Draw, as well as Best Odds Guaranteed and Money Back 2nd for Horse and Greyhound racing.

This is in line with the terms and conditions applicable to each promotional offer.

Except as stated above, your William Hill account will continue to operate as normal and you shall remain eligible for all other William Hill promotional offers.

Kind regards,
The William Hill Team
Original post by Reue
Could do. You'd need about £200 spare to start with and to trust me with remote control of your pc :tongue:

Wow, would you actually do it?:lol: I was only joking :colondollar: Matched betting sounds good if you're clever and have the patience for it:getmecoat:
Reply 63
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Wow, would you actually do it?:lol: I was only joking :colondollar: Matched betting sounds good if you're clever and have the patience for it:getmecoat:

I'd do a couple for you if I wasnt busy that day :smile:
Original post by Reue
I'd do a couple for you if I wasnt busy that day :smile:

How long do you spend / day you reckon? Do you always make profit everyday?
Reply 65
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
How long do you spend / day you reckon? Do you always make profit everyday?

Depends whats on that day. Perhaps an hour or 2 on weekdays but alot longer on weekends.

No, some days I've finished in a negative, but always in a profit by the end of every week/month.
Original post by Reue
Depends whats on that day. Perhaps an hour or 2 on weekdays but alot longer on weekends.

No, some days I've finished in a negative, but always in a profit by the end of every week/month.

Nice :smile:

What do you spend your profit on? I guess it's allwayss good knowing you can accumulate couple hundred £s whenever you need :smile:

Also have you done the £200 winners sign up? do you make sure you lose at the bookies so you don't have to rollever like £2000
Reply 67
Nice :smile:

What do you spend your profit on? I guess it's allwayss good knowing you can accumulate couple hundred £s whenever you need :smile:

Nothing at the moment, its all going into savings.

Also have you done the £200 winners sign up? do you make sure you lose at the bookies so you don't have to rollever like £2000

Not yet, I've done the B365 one though. That annoyingly kept winning so I eventually accumulated £1600 in the account :/
Lol why create such a bait thread @Reue? Must admit it's pretty pointless. Seems like an ego boosting thread where you're only goal is to:
1. Gloat about making momey from matched betting
2. Laugh at people who (as a result of your bait thread title) have got the wrong end of the stick and think you have a gambling problem.

It isn't really necessary and I've realised in the last month you've sort of turned the matched betting thread into some silly dick measuring contest about how much money you're making or how much money you have in your account . At least that's how it seems a lot of the time.
I did it a bit when I started matched betting telling my friends about it in a gloating way. They put me down to size quick and made me realise what a dick I was acting like basically gloating about something anyone of them could do. I'm a bit concerned you're heading that way too.
As a result of me calming it down and explaining how matched betting works in a way that doesn't make me sound like a know it all dick, 5 or 6 of them have asked me to do it for them over the summer for a stake of the profits, meaning I'll make £000's more and they'll be happy too.
Reply 69
Original post by leinad2012
Lol why create such a bait thread @Reue? Must admit it's pretty pointless. Seems like an ego boosting thread where you're only goal is to:
1. Gloat about making momey from matched betting
2. Laugh at people who (as a result of your bait thread title) have got the wrong end of the stick and think you have a gambling problem.

It isn't really necessary and I've realised in the last month you've sort of turned the matched betting thread into some silly dick measuring contest about how much money you're making or how much money you have in your account . At least that's how it seems a lot of the time.
I did it a bit when I started matched betting telling my friends about it in a gloating way. They put me down to size quick and made me realise what a dick I was acting like basically gloating about something anyone of them could do. I'm a bit concerned you're heading that way too.
As a result of me calming it down and explaining how matched betting works in a way that doesn't make me sound like a know it all dick, 5 or 6 of them have asked me to do it for them over the summer for a stake of the profits, meaning I'll make £000's more and they'll be happy too.

Cool story :smile:
Original post by Reue
Cool story :smile:

If there was ever any proof of what I'd just said, that was it...
Reply 71
Original post by leinad2012
If there was ever any proof of what I'd just said, that was it...

Probably.

Frankly though; I couldn't care less. Take a read through the matched-betting thread... it's always been full of people talking about the awesome win I had last night etc. And really there's nothing wrong with that, we're all doing it for the same reason and personally I find it inspiring to see how much others are making from it so I can aim to reach them. It's the same across all the main matched-betting websites.

Like you; I've also encouraged many others to start doing it and they're all in profit :smile: I want people to see how easy it as and how they could also be doing it!
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest